The Starry Night is a painting by Dutch post-impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh. Since 1941 it has been in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City. Widely hailed as his magnum opus, the painting has been reproduced many times and is one of his most renowned paintings. When I saw this painting in real life I was mesmerized. It is amazing. I could go on and on, but I won't!
Paul Ranson (1864 – February 20, 1909) was a French painter and writer. I wanted this painting for years and Paul got it for me for Christmas last year. I may have even put it in a previous post. This picture is HORRIBLE and does NOT do it any justice. The colors are vibrant and I could just stare at it all day. It has all my favorite colors.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Tell all Tuesday....favoirte painting/artist
Posted by kara jayne at 1:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I love that painting too and would love to have a copy in my house. It would look great in my bedroom.
I'm jealous you've seen starry starry night in person. Did you want to start singing "starry, starrry night'?
Starry night makes me think of you! Didn't you have it in your house in Kentucky? Great pick!
I love this Paul Ranson painting in your house. It looks so great on your red wall!
Post a Comment