Thursday, September 6, 2007

Maps

I LOVE MAPS!! I know it's a weird thing to be into, but I am. I love knowing where I am in relation to everything else. Every time we have moved to a new state/city I get out the map and start analyzing. That being said, perhaps I was more disturbed than most Americans by the question and answer given in the Miss Teen America pageant by the contestant from South Carolina. UM........seriously I was speechless. See for yourself!


Actually, the statistic was highly disturbing, but the answer was completely comical. I understand people are really flustered, but c'mon!!! I'm afraid she might be one of the 1/5 they were talking about. Here is a picture of one wall of my playroom. I'm determined that my kids be proficient in basic geography!!

7 comments:

Amz said...

I love these maps you have! Where do you find ones that are this size? I have seen them in magazines, but for 100's of $$$. Thanks for the good laugh too! You could see the big smile on the man's face(was it Mario Lopez)! So funny!

kara jayne said...

you can find the maps every once in a while at Costco. I think I got three for $15!!

Wendi said...

I love the idea of putting them up in the toy room. I'm always getting such ideas from you!

stacy said...

this is so hilarious......AND so embarasing. that poor girl! i don't know what i would say either but i hope it wouldn't be THAT!

JDM said...

I think that Jodi & Bo did a wall in their boys room with giant back to back maps a few years ago. You are of such like minds. Brilliant!

ashli said...

Kara-
I love the map idea. I was just saying to Matt that we need a globe or something because Luke keeps asking me if pictures he sees are in 'our world'. I love the map idea.
Bytheway... we did find out this week what we are having and it's a girl. We are so excited and I will post on it after I have my official size and date ultrasound in a few days. Just to be sure!
I just have to say that I love your practicality. you and heather must be sisters... it is so fun getting to know her in person and you through your blog :).
ashli

mary kelly said...

Kara,

I love your mind! You are so great! I wish I could accomplish all you do. I love your blog. I love the music. It is so fun to listen to it. God bless all of you.