Next Sunday Nora will be old enough for Nursery!!!
Many of you understand my joy. For those who don't, in my church, our Sunday meetings are three hours long. For two of those hours all children ages 18 months and older are part of Primary. from 18 months - 3 years old they go to Nursery and play, snack, sing, and have short lessons about Christ. Those 3 years and older go to Sunday School and have their individual lessons about the gospel.
Anyway, Having to deal with a child who is younger than 18 months for the two hours of Sunday School is......well.......let's see.......what's the most appropriate phrase here.......HELL!! I can say that right? Perhaps there is a lesson in there somewhere! I am well aware that not all kids are as busy, loud, curious, active, demanding, etc. as mine are, but I do know that ALMOST all parents look forward to the day they can go to their meetings/lessons in peace knowing the kids are taken care of. Next week I will go to my other meetings completely BY MYSELF for the first time in 7 1/2 years. I was always pregnant with the next one by the time my "baby" could go to nursery. So, as I enter this new phase of my spiritual life I say......HALLELUJAH!!









12 comments:
Yeah! how nice for you! I still have 9 months left!!!
Now you wont hae any excuse to "miss" Sunday School. It is so funny to see everyone out in the hallway because their kids are too noisy for class. Is that really why they are out there????
Enjoy your new freedom!!
I'm so happy for you! There's nothing like being able to listen to a lesson in peace. So rejuvenating! I wish my kids would actually attend nursery. I can't figure our why they think a room full of toys and friends to play with is so terrifiying. For me my hallelujah begins after 3yrs with Sunbeams. You should have seen the strings I had to pull just to get Romey into Sunbeams a year earlier since she wouldn't have went until she was almost 4. (With the whole January 6th birthday.) She had to repeat Sunbeams twice. It was the only way they would allow it. She honesty missed it by 6 days. She would have had to enjoyed R.S. for another year. Just 3 more months for me! Hopefully! (We'll have to see.)
Congrats that really is a great thing!
Alice has already snuck in to nursery a few weeks when I was conducting primary and doing sharing time and Jim was conducting and teaching preisthood. There really was no other choice if they want us to both serve at the same time.
She was a happy little camper then..but it seems like just as they approach 18 months they start to go thwough a freak out thing and wo'nt stay....we're hoping for the best with Alice since she's had little previews.
p.s. I am aware that snuck is not considered a word to the rest of the world....however it is to me.
Hooray! Sam had been in nursery for the last month and the poor little guy hates it! ARG! The nursery leader told me that she doesn't mind if he cries if I don't mind. So he has been doing better the last two weeks (as long as someone is holding him). He cries, then forgets why he was so upset and then remembers again.. little stinker. Good Luck!
AMEN!!!! I still have 10 more months to go! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And your description of dealing with a kid under 18 months at church was completely accurate!
you are too funny Kara. Here is to hoping Nora likes Nursery and will stay there. We never know from week to week if it is going to be a 'stay' week or not. At least I get a snack out of the rough weeks.
Gotta love nursery.
empty arms!...what will you do with them? :)
when my husband was the sunday school pres. i begged him to coordinate a parenting class where all of the parents with kids 18 mos. and younger could go and enjoy a lesson without feeling like their kid was killing the spirit of the meeting. (we usualy just sat in the halls) he was the most popular guy when he made that happen. it was the best class!
i am so happy for you! ;)
Freedom at last!!!! Watch now you'll get called to nursery! Ha ha....hopefully not! I still have your laundry rack in my car...next time I see you at the gym!
Girl, I am with you there! Lily was HORIBBLE yesterday! She literally was crying all morning! What is up with that? I'm counting down the days, but still have four more months to go!
Wow!!! Congradulations. I was so glad to see the comment from you on our blog. Now I can peek in on you occasionally and see what you are up to. It's hard for me to believe that you have a one and a half year old we have never met. La Crosse doesn't seem that long ago to me.
Wow! Enjoy the freedom! I'm just beginning the adventure and it will probably be a long time before I can even think of this freedom. And I can't even use it as an excuse to sit in the hall during Sunday School since I have to teach it! You've paid your dues so enjoy it!
Post a Comment