Quick story! I blogged a few weeks ago about how I am doing Joy School this year with Max. Today was my first turn to teach. It was so much fun!! The kids are adorable and the curriculum is incredible. A lot of thought, research, and effort went into it. Well, to my surprise, when my cousin (in-law) Shawni dropped off her daughter Claire, who did she happen to have with her......her Mom......Linda Eyre......who along with her husband created Joy school! They were in town for some lecture they were giving ...of course. Boy was I glad that I had prepared for the days lesson! I will admit that I was a bit intimidated, but Shawni's parents are so great I'm sure they didn't even think about it. When she picked up Claire both her parents were with her (Dad Richard had joined them) and I was so glad that we had made some cute "nature" placemats for the kids to take home. I know it is so dumb that I would want to impress them, but I did. I am really in awe of them and their family and all the books they have written. If you don't know much about them check out their website at www.valuesparenting.com
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
I'm proud to say that James is a product of Joy School, and boy is he smart! haha... I love looking at Shawni's page--her family is beautiful!!
Ok, I would totally be nervous! I am sure it all went great!
How cool is that! I'm so glad you've had the oppurtunity to spend time with them. They've done a few things with once upon a family so I've read and learned a few things here and there about them.
i lOVE joy school- my mom did it with us. so great!
my sister (the AZ photog's) blog is heathieives.blogspot.com
and there is a link there to her photog blog. she's amazing!
Wow, that is like having Martha Stweart show up for a bridal shower you are hosting...talk about pressure.
Glad your were prepared although I bet you always are. Its nice to feel good when they leave instead of having the dreaded pit in your stomach when you don't prepare. I will check out the site.
Just read about your family homes. Great post. Aren't you glad it has finally turned here in Arizona?
(I am a friend of Tiffany's and was checking out her links) and I found this post!! You need pictures. How crazy to have THE primo Joy-Schoolers there. I am a big fan, so how fun for you!
Okay, I don't mean to flood your blog with comments...
(you don't even know me & i'm sure i sound like a weirdie but I assure you i am totally normal! I know wendi! And Sue!)
...but you've posted about lots of things that we have in common so I want to talk!
I'm so excited you posted about Joy School! I've been totally debating doing it & want to ask you questions. And I'm so jealous you got to meet Linda Eyre. I love their books. I'm green with envy. I may have to email you about joy school so you can tell me details.
Kara, I'm just catching up on all your cute blog stuff and found this...you are so funny! I hope my mom didn't make you feel intimidated, she was just excited to see Claire go to Joy School. You are so cute and from what Claire has told me, an exceptional teacher! Now how will I live up to that next week?? ha ha.
Post a Comment