Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fun night at Mutual......do they still call it that?

Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas (me), Rapunzel, Glinda (the good witch), Mother Goose
Aladdin, Alice, Cinderella, Pocahontas (me), Jasmine, Maid Marian (one of my all time favorite characters) Papa Bear, Pinocchio, Gepetto........AKA the Bishopric! Aren't they fun to do this for the kids?

Tonight we had a joint YM/YW activity that was so much fun. It was like a murder mystery, but this time we weren't solving a murder, we were trying to find out who stole the cookies from the cookie jar in the library. All the suspects were characters from the books that come out at night. Everyone was assigned a character from a book and had to come dressed up. It was so fun that everyone (almost) really got into it. My outfit was a little lame since I only found out who I was supposed to dress up like and hour before the event. I figure braids, headband, jewelry and your set....right? The kids had a blast, and it was a real success. I couldn't believe how much work went into the decor, organizing the mystery/parts, and the food. I am constantly amazed at how much service is given in the church. I hope when my kids are in these programs that they recognize it and show their gratitude.

4 comments:

Sue said...

You make the best Pocahontas! You look so great! I'm impressed, and especially because you put it together so quickly. What a fun activity! I'll have to share it with my friends that are in YW. Your hair is getting so long, especially to me who just chopped my hair on Tuesday. Have you seen Vicoria Beckhams hair latley? Ryan is so happy! I don't know if he's more happy about the cut or about saving our shower drain.

Nichols Family said...

Those mutual pics are darling...what a super fun activity. I'll have to keep it in mind if I'm ever in YW's again.

Lisa Cannon said...

Yes, I did go to Brighton. I think we are the same age. I actually went to elementary school with your SIL Jenny and Mindy Johnson. I'm adding more pictures, so check it out! This is so bad, I haven't even showered yet today! I'd better at least do that before Mark gets home from work!

Sally said...

This looks like so much fun. I seriously would love a copy of the details/script for my YW/YW. You are so right about the work....Its not until we become leaders do we FINALLY get how much time and prep goes into things.