I'm still trying to document all of our trip to Utah this summer. This post is about a great morning we had a Thanksgiving Point. It was SO GORGEOUS!! I thoroughly enjoyed walking around the gardens with my kids, Grandma Mary, and cousins Andrew and Finn. Here are the highlights.
I couldn't get over how beautiful these lily pads were. They just covered the water so gracefully.
There were hundreds of these vivid orange, yellow, and white fish. The kids were enamored and I loved seeing them swarm to get the pieces of fish food we threw in.
Here are the boys on the bridge. L to R: Finn, Andrew, Jack and Max.
The gardens there are really expansive and have several different points of interest throughout. My favorite might be the Secret Garden. I LOVE the book, and they recreated it perfectly. I loved watching my kids walk through the beauty.
This is one of my favorite memories of the day. We were walking on the path and suddenly Grandma Mary challenges the kids to a race up the stairs to Vista Point. It was so fun seeing them take off and Grandma right there in the mix. She is so good to encourage the kids to be active.
Here is a fun shot of them on the way down the stairs.

This little valley with the gorgeous waterfall is breathtaking. I loved standing back and just watching the kids run free. It's times like this that I wish I lived on a farm or ranch. It is so good to just let the kids go and explore!
I loved this picture of Ella and her Grandma. They are blessings in my life.
This was a fun cave that the kids were exploring. I love this picture because it shows how cute Andrew was with Nora. He was such a trooper hanging out with all the little kids. He really is a great kid.
Last but not least is a not-so-good picture of Ella and Nora trying to catch butterflies. You can't really see them because they are white.
It was a great day and made me wish we had something like this here in the Desert. I will definitely be making this an annual event on my summer treks to Utah.
I couldn't get over how beautiful these lily pads were. They just covered the water so gracefully.
There were hundreds of these vivid orange, yellow, and white fish. The kids were enamored and I loved seeing them swarm to get the pieces of fish food we threw in.
Here are the boys on the bridge. L to R: Finn, Andrew, Jack and Max.
The gardens there are really expansive and have several different points of interest throughout. My favorite might be the Secret Garden. I LOVE the book, and they recreated it perfectly. I loved watching my kids walk through the beauty.
This is one of my favorite memories of the day. We were walking on the path and suddenly Grandma Mary challenges the kids to a race up the stairs to Vista Point. It was so fun seeing them take off and Grandma right there in the mix. She is so good to encourage the kids to be active.
Here is a fun shot of them on the way down the stairs. 
This little valley with the gorgeous waterfall is breathtaking. I loved standing back and just watching the kids run free. It's times like this that I wish I lived on a farm or ranch. It is so good to just let the kids go and explore!
I loved this picture of Ella and her Grandma. They are blessings in my life.
This was a fun cave that the kids were exploring. I love this picture because it shows how cute Andrew was with Nora. He was such a trooper hanging out with all the little kids. He really is a great kid.
Last but not least is a not-so-good picture of Ella and Nora trying to catch butterflies. You can't really see them because they are white. It was a great day and made me wish we had something like this here in the Desert. I will definitely be making this an annual event on my summer treks to Utah.









10 comments:
Kara, I'm Ashley Kelly's sis-in-law (and a faithful blog blurker of yours). Ever since you put that adorable red necklace with the turquoise and yellow beads on the side up for auction, I've been faithfully checking to see if you are ever going to auction off another one. Are you? Can I ask what kind of stones the red ones are? (I would've posted this on the auction site, but it was closed for comments.) And how nice of you to do this every Thurs.!!
Yes, I love that necklace, too!
Anyway, Thanksgiving point is amazing. I keep seeing photos of the place on peoples blog. I want to see it for myself one of these days!
Isn't it beautiful! Did you guys get a chance to walk along the waterfalls?
Your pictures are awesome! What a fun day. I've only been there for a wedding, so I'm definitely putting Thanksgiving point on my "to do" list with the kids for next summer's visit. Maybe we'll get to see you guys again!
Awesome pics Kara! I was there for a wedding once too, (Ryan and Julie's actually) but it was dark, so I totally feel like I missed out. Have to put that one on the list for sure! By the way, I loved your mommy tag. Cute, cute kids! I may have to copy that one! Take care!
that looks like an amazing day. i LOVE to just feel like my kids can run free and not worry about getting hit by cars or ruining something that they shouldn't touch. such beautiful pictures.
We just LOVE that place. So glad you and the kids got a chance to explore it.
Kara,
This brought back so many memories. It is one of my favorite places and especially with my grandchildren. I am very blessed and grateful.
OK--I go to Thanksgiving Point almost every time I am in town and I NEVER KNEW those gardens existed. A waterfall?! Looks amazing. I'll have to add this to my list of things to do while in Utah.
I love Thanksgiving Point! It has been a long time since I have been there and it has grown up so much. That is a great place to visit when in Utah. I too, love The Secret Garden. That was and is one of my all time favorite books. One day I want to have my own secret garden. Well, a girl can dream can't she?
Post a Comment