Monday, September 22, 2008

Labor Day Camping Trip

Paul finished off the Summer right with the kids on a camping trip. He and my brother took each of their oldest three kids up to Christopher Creek and had a great time. I wasn't ready to brave the elements with Nora. Yup...I'm a wimp.
Here is their camping spot. It rained a lot, but they were prepared and toughed through it!
Max was in heaven no matter the weather. Ever since the father and sons camp out this past spring, he asks to camp every day. This picture makes me wish I would've gone. It is so beautiful. Next time I'm going.
You can't have a real camping experience without roasting marshmallows.
Here is the gang of kids. From L to R: Max, Ella, Ashley, Lauren, Andrew (doesn't he look thrilled to be with all the girls and little kids?), and then Jack. It may not look like it from the picture, but they had a great time.
Jack didn't get in enough practice with his new pocket knife, so he continued his whittling at home.
Then there is the inevitable post camp out clean up. Paul's really good at stuff like that. What a Dad!!

9 comments:

Annie Sunshine said...

I can't believe I get to be the first comment on this post...that never happens to me on your blog. You always have like 15 comments before I even read it...

Okay, now for my comment. I can't believe you sent a camera with a dad, and you got pictures of the whole thing. Lots of pictures. That is amazing. I have sent the camera with Wade for the last three Fathers & Sons and I think I may have gotten one (odd) picture out of the whole thing.

You'll have to share your secret.

Marcie said...

That looks wonderful....much more like Utah then what I picture when I think of Arizona. So glad they were able to getaway to the mountains.

Jim is going to brave fathers and sons this weekend when I am gone.

Jen said...

What a fun trip! I don't blame you for not wanting to take Nora, but your right it is beautiful up there!

Erika said...

I want to go next time too! Looks beautiful. Andrew was the same way after fathers and sons. Loved camping.

Angie said...

Kara! Okay, I totally thought you knew I had a blog, so my last comment probably seemed so informal! I miss you so much too! It seriously has been WAY too long! And I have to say, your blog inspires me. I love reading all your insights and fun times. I wish I could put my thoughts into words like that.

That being said, I am totally impressed with Paul taking the kids camping by himself! That is huge! And I love the picture of you and your friend at the baseball game with her hand by her face..blocking the game! That is totally me! Quinn is always making fun of me because I'm the mom who misses her kids scoring a soccer goal because I was too busy talking! Anyway, sorry for the novel comment, it's so fun to be in touch! Take care!

♥Shally said...

I love camping-- but it is hard with little ones...

I have been a wimp lately also. Zach keeps wanting to go, but I don't know how to work it with a one year old. Now that she is walking, maybe we can give it a go!

Jennie Nichols said...

Good work Paul. When Trent took the boys camping I got 3 pics and 2 were the same. ha ha! Isn't camping the FUNNEST?
-Jennie N.

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous place! So glad that your husband and older kids got to make some great memories and you got some one on one time with Nora. Sounded like a perfect plan for everyone.

Cheryl said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that I too was impressed that you got so many great photos of the weekend. I am the offical picture taker and doubt I would have gotten more than 2 photos if it had been my family going. Good job!