Friday, September 5, 2008

I have officially lost all control

And yes, they were all purchased at Wal-Mart.

27 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh...you are a NICE mom.

Lisa Cannon said...

All I can say is that you are an awesome mom! Did you buy the matching shoes? haha

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I've made this same mistake before. Guaranteed those are showing up at at least one family party . . . probably the extended family Christmas party. They go really well with peanut butter and jelly faces and uncombed hair. We sport that look periodically. It's a real head turner . . .
unless you're in Walmart, of course.


Jodi

Jill said...

Ha ha! Good for you...your kids will LOVE you.
I can't wait to see Paige's comment :) lol.

Nichols Family said...

Join it, join the Cartoon Logo T-shirt club. I swore I would never do it...but that's all my boys will wear. Why do they care, I ask? At least I put them in a normal shirt for their school pictures, that's all that matters! :)

Anonymous said...

You rock. :)

Jen Frost said...

I lost control a while ago...my hubby always tells me how much he dislikes those types of shirts...but I still buy them because the kids love'em. You go girl!

Ashley said...

It's always just a matter of time, right? My brothers had some Star Wars sheets that they loved of course. A few years ago my mom was cleaning out an old closet and found them. My nephews were so excited, especially when they found out they were their dads. Those sheets are now serving another generation! Not sure how thrilled my SIL is about that! :)

Lena said...

We all eventually break down to the walmart frenzie and peer pressure from kids...you have survived longer than most...err, at least, longer than me!

Unknown said...

the first step to recovery is admitting your problems. Sadly, I have succumbed to the character shirts/shoes as well. Sigh.

Kristi said...

Hee!!! You crack me up. You are a nice mom, for real.

Jen said...

HA HA! We're all about High School Musical at our house.

kelly said...

those are awesome! my boys would love 'em!

Julie said...

That is hilarious! I am proud of you for coming clean. It makes us all feel a little bit better about ourselves!

Sally said...

Pat yourself of the back for making it this long....it happens to the best of us!

Kirkland's said...

I know how you are feeling, I bought Alex a Wall-E t-shirt at Wal-Mart last month! She loves it and I'm sure your kids do too.

Marcie said...

Just wondering how Ella was left out....kind of thinking she deserves a High school Musical one.

Paige said...

Yeah, been there, done that. Swore I wouldn't, became weak, did it, regretted it, hid them. Good luck!

heather said...

Yep, we did it too and the Wal-Mart tees are the only ones my son will put on. They are right up there with the light up spider man shoes and thomas the train white tennies I swore I would never let him wear! Wal-Mart is rakin it in...

BRoss said...

Next stop: NASCAR.

Jake said...

They can always get lost in the dryer!

Anonymous said...

Ok so funny I PROMISED myself I would never buy these shirts for my kids....but when you have your little girls at the Disney store and their eyes light up what are you supposed to do :) Glad i found your site!!

Jessica said...

YOu are officially a good mom...who cares (besides me) about character shirts, really. Way to know what matters!

Bridget said...

Character shirts ARE annoying. But what's even better is a mom who can not care and make her kids happy anyway. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I should just send this to you through email.... here is a link to a potty training doggy article on my husband's other dog training site, if you have more questions just email me! inevergrewup@yahoo.com
here is the link http://dogbehavioronline.com/house_breaking.html

queenieweenie said...

your kid's mom is WAY nicer than my kid's mom!

Sue said...

This is when you really know how much you love your kids. A few years ago Mary bought some light-up character shoes from Wal-mart for Romey and Crew. Honestly, it made them so happy that I didn't even care when they had to sport their new style everywhere we went for the next few weeks. I have to admit, Mary did need to take the dive for me. Thank goodness for loving grandmas.