Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Marathon anyone?


I know I complained about training for an October marathon in the Arizona heat, but I'm at it again. It's registration time for the St. George Marathon. It's just too fun of a race, and I may be getting my sister Heather into the action!! So, in order to increase our chances of entry we are going to enter as a group. Wanna join us? You don't actually have to run with us, train with us, or even see us at the event for that matter. Registering as a group just means that if one person in the group gets chosen in the lottery, the whole group gets in! Let me know what you think and I'll tell you what group to put on the registration. Registration started today and runs until May 1st. It doesn't matter if you register today or the end of April. All names will go into the lottery on May 1st. My email is listed under my profile. JUST DO IT!!




You can't tell me that doesn't look like FUN!!!!!

12 comments:

Paige said...

Looks horrible. I'm training for a half and every step is painful. Good luck though!

Jamie said...

i don't know how you do it- i hate running! you go girl!!!

♥Shally said...

I agree. That does not look fun at all... but maybe I can cheer you on from the sidelines! My friend planning on running in it, so we may be there.

Good luck!

Lisa Cannon said...

I'll cheer you on, too! I'm a walker not a runner.

Anne said...

I jumped to your site from Kristi's. I ran St. George last year and it was such an awesome experience. I want to do it again this year but I fear my days in DC are numbered so I thought I'd take advantage of my local races. I'll be crossing my fingers that you get in.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kara...I am hoping to do a half next month and I think that is my limit. I will forward this to a few of my friends that are marathoners! I hope you guys get in... Oct would be the perfect time down there!

everything pink! said...

i hope you get in.
i am sticking to east coast races until we move back west in the next few years but will meet up with you in a few years. that way i can get fast so i can at least see the back of your head.
ok and that choc. chip bundt cake is AMAZING!!!!! thank you so much for sharing that with me!!! seriously i have never looked like a better cook!

Lane said...

Go Kara--you are hardcore! I can barely get on the treadmill myself. I have a lot of admiration.

Shawni said...

You are so great, Kara! I wish I could run THREE miles without stopping!

Julie said...

I support you 100%! Have fun! But what about girls trip in NYC? You'll have to fit us in during your training. Or maybe we can go as a celebration trip!

JDM said...

You are amazing to keep running these!
I wish that I could but a couple of years ago I proved that I wasn't a runner after running 1 mile and almost passing out. Whaa, whaa.

D Liddell said...

Congrats again on SG Marathon! Just ran the Salt Lake Marathon a couple weeks ago, besides 25 mile an hour head winds the first half, it was fabulous! I would love to run the St George. May wait until 2009 because my bike has been smiling at me ever since the snow started melting! Let me know if you're group is full or not!
:)
Diane