My mom got this picture from a friend of hers in Virginia. Sorry, but this one is only funny to the Mormon crowd. Can you imagine running into these two at your church meeting. What would you say? I seriously want to hear your ideas!
That picture is awesome! I have to say that I have loved the one on the left. He has been my favorite. But the other day I did like a billion (not really, it just felt like it) sessions and saw Michael Ballam everytime. I grew a great appreciation for him and really like his performance now. So hats off to both of them. By the way you should talk to Lane. She has "Adam" for a Bishop!
I've seen this picture before too and got a good laugh. I think they both play their parts so well.
I loved your thoughts on nurturing vs. housekeeping. I think that's something we all struggle with at varying degrees. It's hard to step back and focus on the nurturing when so much is demanded and expected of us with church callings, volunteering in school, etc. Your thoughts were a great reminder for me. I will try to remember them especially when my "helpers" are trying to help in kitchen.
I'll email you about Let's Play Music -- in a nutshell, you really want to do it!
At first glance I was like who in the heck is that. It seems like I need to go do a session in Louisville soon!
Michael Ballam's daughter was Miss Utah when Rich's sister was Miss Provo. It was fun to see him up in SLC at the Miss Utah pageant. It made you realize how old those movies are!
At first I was like, "Those 2 look soooo familiar" but I could not figure it out! Then it finally came to me! Ha! That's classic! Would it be sacreligious to ask for autographs? ;)
Micheal Ballam's son was one of my district leaders on my mission (we dated after our missions too), he would introduce himself to other missionaries as "the son of satan". Can you imagine how his kids must feel in a session? Great family, FAR from who he portrays.
okay, i'm going to set aside my pride and admit i have no idea who these guys are....i'm probably going to feel really stupid and regret admitting this....
I was just looking at my good friends blog and I saw your comments. How do you know Melanie Kirkland? I love that girl. I met her when I moved to SLC about 5 years ago. We do Girls Night Out together with 2 other girlfriends. We were kind of the lone rangers-in terms of older, single, awesome :), older women in SLC. She is great. We used to live closer but I still try to see her at least once a month. How funny, small world!
If they were standing in front of me in a line I would just say "Get thee hence!" and move ahead of them. I think they would like that.
Jodi in Ut
By the way, have you seen the "older" temple movie lately? The one with the Brunette? I saw it last night and I SWEAR it has been enhanced. It is WAY more colorful than it was before and with much softer lines as well. Very cool.
So, the dark-haired couple from this um, production, is the BISHOP of my ward, and the lady is is real-life wife. They are the coolest. I feel so bad for them when one million tourists come to our ward (which is every week) and are like, HEY, DON'T I KNOW YOU??
"The major work of the world is not done by geniuses. It is done by ordinary people, with balance in their lives, who have learned to work in an extraordinary manner” -President Hinckley Apr. 1996
22 comments:
Wow, maybe I am that out of it. I don't know who these two are. You gotta tell me names.
I saw this photo a while ago and had a good laugh over it. You know they had good laugh, too!
That's hilarious! I love it
That picture is awesome! I have to say that I have loved the one on the left. He has been my favorite. But the other day I did like a billion (not really, it just felt like it) sessions and saw Michael Ballam everytime. I grew a great appreciation for him and really like his performance now. So hats off to both of them. By the way you should talk to Lane. She has "Adam" for a Bishop!
Too funny!!
I actually went to college with the brown haired "Adam"...
I've seen this picture before too and got a good laugh. I think they both play their parts so well.
I loved your thoughts on nurturing vs. housekeeping. I think that's something we all struggle with at varying degrees. It's hard to step back and focus on the nurturing when so much is demanded and expected of us with church callings, volunteering in school, etc. Your thoughts were a great reminder for me. I will try to remember them especially when my "helpers" are trying to help in kitchen.
I'll email you about Let's Play Music -- in a nutshell, you really want to do it!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'D RUN FOR THE HILLS!!
Funny! I would run away, too! Ballam is great!
Funny! It kind of gives me the creeps though. :)
Ok I should have know Michael Ballam he did so much work with my Mom. The other one I still don't know.
At first glance I was like who in the heck is that. It seems like I need to go do a session in Louisville soon!
Michael Ballam's daughter was Miss Utah when Rich's sister was Miss Provo. It was fun to see him up in SLC at the Miss Utah pageant. It made you realize how old those movies are!
At first I was like, "Those 2 look soooo familiar" but I could not figure it out! Then it finally came to me! Ha! That's classic! Would it be sacreligious to ask for autographs? ;)
Micheal Ballam's son was one of my district leaders on my mission (we dated after our missions too), he would introduce himself to other missionaries as "the son of satan". Can you imagine how his kids must feel in a session? Great family, FAR from who he portrays.
okay, i'm going to set aside my pride and admit i have no idea who these guys are....i'm probably going to feel really stupid and regret admitting this....
I was just looking at my good friends blog and I saw your comments. How do you know Melanie Kirkland? I love that girl. I met her when I moved to SLC about 5 years ago. We do Girls Night Out together with 2 other girlfriends. We were kind of the lone rangers-in terms of older, single, awesome :), older women in SLC. She is great. We used to live closer but I still try to see her at least once a month. How funny, small world!
If they were standing in front of me in a line I would just say "Get thee hence!" and move ahead of them. I think they would like that.
Jodi in Ut
By the way, have you seen the "older" temple movie lately? The one with the Brunette? I saw it last night and I SWEAR it has been enhanced. It is WAY more colorful than it was before and with much softer lines as well. Very cool.
Love that pic.... My mom has one of her and the two of them together. She's in love with that picture!
It was so fun getting to know you a bit at Blogapalooza!!!! You're a doll.
So, the dark-haired couple from this um, production, is the BISHOP of my ward, and the lady is is real-life wife. They are the coolest. I feel so bad for them when one million tourists come to our ward (which is every week) and are like, HEY, DON'T I KNOW YOU??
I'm sure there are times they regret being in it!
Last week I saw the younger one in an old 80's movie.... "Girls just Want to Have Fun" with Sarah Jessica Parker ... He was one of the main DANCERS!!!
I would say "What the hell are you doing here?" It was great to meet you at BP. You are a doll. I wish we could hang out!
Kara, you are so adorable and I loved seeing you in real life!! I think I could talk to you forever.
It is weird to see them smiling! ha! That is hilarious!
Post a Comment