Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April Conference Weekend

I am SO BEHIND on our activities, but I will slowly this week attempt to catch up! We had a great Conference weekend with Paul's parents and my parents visiting. Luckily my brother lives here too, so my parents were able to stay with him. As much as I love both my parents and in-laws I don't think having all of us in the house at the same time for a weekend would be a good thing. They were so great to come in town for Ella's performance in a local production. I just love how supportive they are.


You gotta love that stage make-up. I'll post more group pictures once I get them scanned! She played a cheerleader in the production of "Back to the 80's". She had so much fun and now knows a ton of 80's songs. She was so impressed that I knew them and even had many of them on my ipod!

On Sunday between conference sessions we went to a local park/nature preserve to enjoy the outdoors with Paul's parents. Nora HAD to wear her tutu that day and I took advantage of her cuteness and took a TON of photos. Here are several. Click to enlarge if you wish!





Sorry there are so many, but they were all too cute!

Here are some other fun shots of the kids and grandparents!





Mr. Maxx!

Beautiful Ella...pre haircut!


Earlier that week we were in the backyard before school. We looked up and this is what we saw! It was so close that we could see the fire when they stoked it up! The kids were so thrilled.

It was a great week and we loved having GrandMary, and Grandpa all to ourselves. The kids sure love them and SO DO WE!!

11 comments:

Sally said...

Can I Pah-leeese have Nora? That girl is so dang cute I can't stand it.

Great shot of the hot-air balloon.

Lynell said...

Sounds like such a great weekend! I LOVE your pictures. I happen to teach preschool dance. So seeing beautiful little dancers always makes my heart smile. Ü

♥Shally said...

I need that tutu.

Actually, I need 2 of them, even though Braylen would only wear it for a day.

Serae would wear it everyday (even to bed) until it crumbled off of her.

On second thought... I may not want the tutu. :)

Lisa Cannon said...

I love that tutu. Hopefully someday I'll get a little girl and be able to let her wear a tutu. Looks like a great weekend with the family. So jealous of the weather there (until summer, then not so much)!

Rachel said...

You're becoming such a great photographer! Wow is Nora cute!

Marcie said...

I would be thrilled about the hot air balloon too.

Great photos of such darling kids.

Cheryl said...

So many darling photos. The ones of Nora were perfect and you gotta love performance make up! At least I did as a child.

So glad you had family come to town for visits. Those are the happiest days around!

Nichols Family said...

Happy belated b-day to Jack!
-Jennie

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Well that's the cutest cheerleader I've ever seen.

Ellie McFreaken said...

cute cute pics....how were you able to put all the pictures on there? Did you create a canvas on PS first?
Anyway, your family is seriously darling!
That picture of the cute lil' girls and their bums makes me laugh. I have two cards with that picture on it and I don't want to give them away becasue it is so cute. I think it's a hallmark!
I also loved your quote about friendship. When I was in 10th grade a had a great friend that I met at summer camp in Maine, when we left she wrote that quote in my autograph book. I have always treasured that quote and think it speaks volume.
Thanks for sharing that,,,I haven't thought about that friend in a long time....I miss her

Shawni said...

Such cute pictures, Kara! You're getting to be quite the photographer. I love how many you can put all together. I'm assuming that's a Mac thing...