Wednesday, June 27, 2007

John.....call me Jack!














Now it is my second born's turn. I am the luckiest Mom in the world to have these great kids. Here is just a little snapshot of our "beautiful boy". (You may want to click on that song on my playlist while you read this and enjoy the pictures. It is what I thought the first time I saw him)


  • He has the most kissable, big, beautiful lips in the world. I know his sisters will be jealous someday
  • He is VERY sensitive and loves his family so much
  • Jack worries.........a lot............about everything
  • Jack can ask a million questions about a subject....some I had never thought of
  • Jack is very smart and is already reading/writing easy words (he will start kindergarten in the fall)
  • Jack has the best red hair ever. It is getting darker and will unfortunately end up brown, but I am enjoying it while it lasts
  • Jack was a ten pound newborn baby
  • He didn't even double his birth weight by the time he was a year old (18.5 lbs.)
  • He gives hugs and kisses whenever we ask, and even when we don't
  • Jack says he will give me hugs and kisses "even when I am a man"
  • He has a "lock box" memory and regularly brings up events from when he was not even two years old...........I better always be on my best behavior
  • Jack adores his little sister Nora and she loves to give him hugs and kisses
  • He plays pretty good with his little brother taking into consideration that they are less than two years apart and that Max has a lot of "personality"
  • Jack is a natural athlete. We haven't put him in any formal sports teams (he just turned 5), but he whacks the baseball, and golf ball with the best of them. He is also a GREAT runner
  • Jack is a very spiritual boy and can tell me exactly what they talked about in Sunday school
  • Jack loves to play his Nintendo DS, and can beat his dad on Super Mario Brothers
  • Jack is a GREAT cleaner and loves to help me out while the little ones are napping. He really does do a great job and actually helps (you moms know what I mean)
  • Jack has given us some of the best "one-liners" ever and I wish I could remember them all.
  • He and Max love to make up words. Their favorites for now are: gyno-rhino-ryench, bibit-chennow, shiny-don't-glow, and schrim-schrim.
  • Jack can light up the room with his smile
  • I can't help but smile when I see him
  • Jack loves living in Arizona and loves our pool
  • Jack is a deep, sweet, playful, silly, rough, BOY

We love you so much Buddy! Thanks for adding so much to our family!




10 comments:

ashli said...

Kara-
I love that you are writing these cute posts about your kiddos. They sound adorable and what a good way to 'remember' them. I also think it's nice because sometimes ( and it seems like a lot of the time for me lately ) I have a hard time thinking of the positive. Summer has been a little long :)! Cute Cute.
ashli

JDM said...

Kara,
What great descriptions. And what great compliments to your kids. They will mean so much to them some day.
I have heard that you can have your blog printed into a book/journal. Have you heard about that?
Jen

Shawni said...

Man, Kara, so cute and what a great way to remember how your kids were right NOW. I can't stand how fast they grow. LOVE the blog!

Marcie said...

What a darling little boy - and so lucky to have a beautiful adoring mom. I love the Harry Potter baby....mmm makes me anxious for a certain release this month.

Lane said...

Jack also has some SWEET ninja moves, just ask him.

One of my favorite quotes anyone has EVER said about me came from Jack last January:

"Mom, is she a kid, or a grown-up?"

I'm not sure what that says about me. But it says that Jack is pretty funny!

Sally said...

I love the detail and thought you put into describing Jack and Ella.... and honestly I can't wait to see Nora- I thought in Jan. that she was one of the cutest babies I had ever seen! You and Paul have beautiful children!

Karen said...

I wish I knew your kids better! Ive really only seen them a couple of times...now that we've switched states! I will be there in Sept and would love to get all the fam together..so hopefully see you then. Karen

Unused Account said...

Adorable photos!

Wendi said...

Hi cute Kara! I tried to post on your site before, but it didn't work. I'm not such a pro on computers. My sister is trying to catch me up to this millenium though. She made me a blogsite too, it's isaacsonfamily.blogspot.com. Anyhoo, I loved reading about your family. I miss KY and all of the amazing friends I made there. I always enjoyed your family update emails you sent out. Thanks for being a great example to me.

Amy said...

Ok, so the last pic of jack and ella is just how they looked when you guys moved to La Crosse...at least that's what I remember. :) How cute. I can't believe how fast they grow up! You guys really do have beautiful, wonderful children. I can only hope for such a beautiful family.