I want to take time to honor both my Dad, and the Dad of my kids - Paul. I hit the jackpot when it came to Fathers. The older I get, the more I appreciate his hard work, his faithfulness, his expectations of us, and the sound advice/wisdom I benefited from (and still do). My Dad makes me feel like a million bucks and I am well aware of what that does for the life of a little girl, young woman, and now not so young woman! He always made me believe that I was talented, capable, beautiful, smart, and good. You will never know how much I appreciate all you have done for me Dad! I love you so much and wish you the best Father's Day!
Is that the best smile or what? Do you see where I got my eyes and skin from?
This is a picture of me "shaving" my Dad at a Daddy Daughter outing in the early 80's!
Another picture from the 80's to show where my inspiration and love of running came from.
Paul has a great example when it comes to Fathers. His Dad has got to be one of the most patient, kind, honorable, and good men I know. I am so grateful for his life and for all he instilled in his kids. I see so many similarities in them and I am so grateful for that. I love you Colin!

Now for my awesome husband Paul. I honestly don't know where to begin. How did I get so lucky? Paul is the the guy who would do ANYTHING for his family. He truly does everything he does for us. He put in 12 long years of schooling after his mission to ensure a stable good life for us. He always makes me feel like a "hottie" and is such a sweet Dad.
One thing about Paul that I admire is that he has so much integrity. During residency he would always stay later than he had to if he felt like he was needed. I remember during his anesthesia rotation I got so excited because everyone said he would be home by 3:00pm. They didn't know Paul very well. When he finished up with anesthesia he would go up to the Oral Surgery Clinic and see if he could help get the other guys out any sooner. Every rotation he went on he became the favorite resident - except for maybe internal medicine. He would get notes, cookies, fruit baskets, etc. from the families of his patients, and still gets emails from some of them.
I am so proud of all his sacrifice of time and energy, and his hard work for our family. His kids adore him, and I love him so much! Thanks Paul for all you do!
Paul with Ella and Jack overlooking one of his favorite golf courses in La Crosse, WI.We Love you DAD(s)!!









4 comments:
What great photos and thoughts! Your parents are seriously the cutest couple ever! They look straight out of a James Bond movie in the DC picture. What a great guy is Paul. Loved this post!
What a wonderful post! The Dads in your life seem amazing!
I remember when you took those pictures. Your kids do really have a great dad... and mom.
~Alyssa
I love your tributes to the "fathers" in your life. I was also a recipient of sharing that same great father. I ditto what you said. I so respect his character, spirituality and sacrifices. Unfortunately I got his thighs and not his skin. (No offense Dad)
Love you - Heather
Post a Comment