Monday, June 25, 2007

Blog lurkers and comments!

I know you're out there. You surf through blogs and lurk through some that you visit often, but never comment. I've been guilty, but am trying to mend my ways. I will admit that I love to open my email and see that someone has commented on a post. Okay, it really does make my day. So, for all you lurkers, please leave comments. I have clicked on many commenter's and are now friends with them and visit their sites often. I've even gotten sewing, photo, parenting, vacation, and decorating tips personally from them. Isn't blogging great?! I am now going to try to end each post with some questions to try to elicit some comments. May I suggest to "do unto other bloggers as you would have other bloggers do unto you." Thanks Sally and Marcie for always coming through on the comments. Here is an awesome video I found on a blog I haven't been stalking, but just found. I will be leaving comments. I laughed so hard that I cried while watching this.

17 comments:

Heather said...

I needed a good laugh. I was in tears too. It even more funny the second time I went to show Bruce. I need more of this in my life. It scares me to think how ignorant the human race can be.
Love you - Hop

Lauralee said...

honestly haven't seen your blog before.. but wow.. you make me feel like I better leave a comment... so here you go.. that video was hilarious! visit kristi's page.. and saw your comment on there.
I want to figure out how to link that video to my blog. that is so funny! I will visit your blog again!

michelle said...

Thank you for the good laugh this morning! I am going to have to show Steve this one later today!

JDM said...

This made me laugh out loud! Sitting alone at work it did look a bit off. But I have to tell you that it was worth it!

JDM said...

Also I am just going to stay on your blog. Everyone is loving your playlist! How did you add that? -Jen

kara jayne said...

It is a site www.projectplaylist.com. I of course found it through another blogger. You can crate several playlists and then it gives you the HTML code you can copy and paste into the blog. At first I accidentally pasted it as a post, but figured out how to add it as a page element. Call me if you have any questions!

Lauralee said...

I love your play list too.. I just minimize my screen so I can still listen!
you got my vinyl blog.. sorry..
this is my usual blog...
I loved your video so much I put it on mine..
www.chamberlainstory.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

great clip. I agree, it is fun to see who's been reading your blog. I have checked your blog a few times before, but now that blogging doesn't take me 5 hours, I've started to venture off on more blogs. I'll be checking back in much more frequently!

smithfam said...

Thanks for the invite! I am the same way. I feel like a total blogger stalker. I love it, but feel really stupid commenting, like they are saying" who is THIS chick". Feel free lurking onto my site also. It is a little boring I know, but I love meeting new people!

Michelle Alley said...

I just saw this on Lauralee's website, very funny! Cute apron btw, Anthropolotie is my favorite store - of all time!

Unused Account said...

Wow! Check out teh comments rolling in! Amaze-o-rific! I have tried guilting people into posting on mine to no avail. Send some comment vibes my way!

Sally said...

Wow! who knew you had so many "secret" readers! Love the music- great picks. Thank you Thank you for the darling card! I got it yesterday and it made my day! oooh- I haven't heard this one in a long time...This Woman's Work-love it!

Sally said...

Ok- really laughing now! Feed the Birds is the song I had prepared to try out for the Annie play but could never pull the trigger on. How fun to hear that again. I love that it is on your favorites list. Next time I see you I will sing you my version :)

Sarah said...

Hey Kara- I was browsing through Storheims blog and clicked on yours to see what you have been up to. You probably don't remember me but went to Skyline and was Steve Kelly's good friend...Sarah Stohl. Anyways, my hubby is in OMFS Residency at Temple University and am sure you can sympathize with me- Not many people can. I am so envious that you are finished- I bet it feels great. CONGRATS
You blog is fun to read. Amen to no one commeting. It is so fun to get comments when you post. Loved the video and the music- I must learn how to do that asap. You have a darling family by the way.

onehm said...

Glad that you liked the video. It was too precious not to post! And I love your sentiments on commenting...I am so glad that you commented on mine. I love making new blogging friends!
;)

Annie Ruden said...

Loved the video so much I put it on my site too. Thanks!

young family said...

Loved your site. I consider myself lucky to have found you since this is my first day ever. I will see if I can figure out how to add you to my site. Thanks!!