Friday, February 20, 2009

Photography anyone?


I have long wished I was a great photographer. I have been inspired by my friends, relatives, and many others. I see how important it is to capture life's moments before they so quickly slip away. Lately I look at my kids and think, "they will be adults for most of their life, but they will only be kids for a short time. I need to capture that!"

I've taken a few little classes here and there, but I'm bad a taking notes, practicing, and following up. So, a new chance is awaiting me...HERE at the Picture Life Workshop. Holly and Amanda
are putting on a day long photography workshop that I would LOVE to attend. They are also giving one spot away free. That would make it even better. So, if you are in the greater Phoenix area, or are willing to travel here...this is for you. Perhaps I'll see you there!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Oohh. I LOVE photography! Good on you for pursuing that talent. I wish I could attend the class with you. Pass on all the great tips you'll learn?

Lena said...

Missed your kids yesterday! Hope you got the house in order and all the "extras" out of there before your guests came in! You are so good to pursue your talents--have fun at the workshop!

AND, I just read your blog about the ipod valentines...I had the EXACT same CRAZY idea, and about half way through I thought about giving up! We made about 50, and i am so done with being "crafty"...maybe in a year or two I will forget why being crafty is so painful and try it again (kind of like childbirth!)

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kara I think you would be great at photography!!!!!!!! I think it is the best Job for a stay at home Mom.....flexible schedge and you can choose how busy or not busy you are. Utah is saturated with photographers but the great thing is there is plenty to go around.
I am by no means a great photographer but I appreciate beautiful pictures and love it. I am going to a workshop with JulieParkerphotography.blogspot.com
Check out her site......so so good. Also google Jessica Kettle photography. I did a mentoring session with her and on her blog (not recent) she answered tons of questions from people. I learned a lot just from her Q&A's.
I hope you love it and do it then maybe we can meet up next year for the big WPPI...convention in Vegas. Okay I am alittle to excited for you.....I'll stop now.
Do you have the full Photoshop? If not email me I found a great place from Adobe (yes...legal) where we got it for SO cheap!
Good Luck!!! I bet you'll just take off...
I want you to teach us how to make jewelry.....

ashli said...

sarah has told me about these girls and their workshop before. they came to slc last summer and i had a birthday party to throw that day.....i would so love to come to that. my mind is churning on ways to make that happen....

Claudia said...

Remind me to talk to you about this. I would love to attend by don't know if I am ready to make this step. I really need someone to teach me how to use my camera. Thanks for the carpool today!

Sorefam said...

kara,
not that i would need another reason to come to Phoenix, but if i did, this would be it. I am loving taking more pictures and learning, but if only there were more hours in a day! did you pics from kona the other night turn out? Mine of you and i looks horrible (of me, of course!). The one of the 4 of us is great, though. let me know how yours looks.

queenieweenie said...

i'll meet you there!

Bridget said...

Have fun. My husband is a great photographer so I always rely on him. Someday I need to figure it out myself too.