Friday, February 13, 2009

Love is in the air!

*ALERT* I know this looks like one of those many and varied Valentines posts that list the activities and 'goings on' of the family. Okay, so it is that, BUT if you make it all the way to the end you will find your chance to share in the love!! You won't be disappointed.
After making over 50 of these little beauties, I was reminded why I reverted to the store bought valentines the last two years. It was a cute idea I saw in Family Fun magazine (along with a million other people) and the kids loved it. Once I committed to it I couldn't disappoint them, but the box of ring pops was looking genius at 2:00 in the morning as I put the final touches on.
Every year we 'heart attack' our kitchen (just like my cousin Shawni) and it is always a hit. It's hilarious to see what the kids write. It also serves as the sole valentines decor in the house, so it's a 'must do'.
We ordered a heart shaped pizza and had movie night Friday to ring in the holiday. We've done the pizza thing for the last few years. I'm always up for not worrying about dinner. What a good excuse?!
Paul sent all his girls (yours truly, Ella and Nora) roses. They are beautiful and the girls feel so special.
Paul enjoyed himself here. The kids were WAY TOO excited for him to come home. It was cute. We had a balloon bouquet, brownies, and notes. I forgot to take pictures, but believe me...it was great!
I decided to shake off my bad attitude about lots of holiday activities and did a fun treat project with the kids. We made these rice krispy treat pops and had a ball. Of course they took seriously half the day, but it was a lot of fun. We delivered several to some special people and had a great time.

Now...it's the time you've all REALLY been reading for (or you just scrolled down to see what the excitement is)...
It's...
A...
GIVEAWAY!!!

I am feelin' the love this year and would love to share it with a few of my favorite blog readers. I am giving away a personal and custom hand stamped sterling silver necklace of your choice.

I've been making these and giving them as gifts for a while and I truly love it. I don't sell the jewelry I make that often because it's just so much more fun to give it away. I've made them as fund raising items too and have had a great response.

So...
here is your chance to have one for FREE!! Just leave a comment on this post by 10:00pm on Wednesday February 18th. It's that easy. I'm not doing this to increase traffic to my blog or anything, so don't worry...you don't have to post about it on your blog. I really am just wanting to sp

read a little love.

I will take the names of all commenters and randomly select three names. For as much traffic as I've had lately that's pretty good odds! The winners will be able to choose anything they would like. I have put some pictures of some of the gifts I've recently made to give you ideas, (sorry about the poor quality) but if you have one of your own GREAT!! So, help me feel the love with your comments and check back Tuesday to see who the big winners are!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

Click to enlarge

50 comments:

joy said...

Hello,
My name is Joy, I am Jodi's friend and neighbor. Adorable necklaces!

Val said...

We made those iPod valentines as a craft in my daughters class, but I didn't do the string and peanut butter cups. I tried to make it easy on myself.
I was going to comment earlier on your other posts that you had moderated but I can never put into words my feelings when it comes to politics. But I loved your insight.

Annie Sunshine said...

Have to give myself a chance at those cute necklaces. I love that you did the ipod valentine thing. I barely helped Lindsay get names on the store bought valentines.

Wendi said...

Ha ha--I was reading this Valentine's post of yours when I got a comment from you on my Valentine's post. I love coincidence!

And love the necklaces too! Throw me in the random drawing. :)

Flake Family said...

Seriously,you are so nice! I love the ipods...talk about super-mom! I love the heart-shaped pizza too. I'll have to do that with my kids.

MotherBeck said...

I am lovin those awesome necklaces. And the heart attack is a good idea for valentine decor, I'm always looking for good ideas like that!

Lindsey said...

Those Ipods were C.R.A.Z.Y! But I guess I should expect that from the Crazy good life! :) I would LOVE a charm... Everyone needs to have a charmed life now and again.

MaryClaire Brown said...

way to get into it this year. i'm proud of you. i tend to be the same way about small holidays. i think about how i should be fun and cute and use the excuse to do things with the kids, and usually at the last minute we do a couple, but low key is my way to go.

i love the necklace, and i really hope you pick ME!

love you!

Sarah said...

Love the heart attack idea- next year. Giveaways are the BEST!!! Just love your necklaces.

Flake Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kimberly said...

The valentines were darling, but, wow- what effort! And I love the necklace. I'm hoping that if I don't win (giveaway or auction!) that you will sell one to me after I have my baby. Love them.

JDM said...

Kara you know I love your jewelry.
Kudos to you for doing a give away. I can think of no better way to spread the love!

Also, I liked the hearts everywhere & the heart shaped pizza. You'll have to remind me of this post as my kids get a little older since it looked like a great way to celebrate!

Jeanelle said...

Oh I would love to win! When my little sister lived in this horrible apartment one Valentine's day, she covered her walls with different colored hearts and it looked so cute. I love cheap & easy decorations!! :)

rebfam7 said...

Did you even know that I am a secret blog admirer? Love to hear about you and your cute family! Loved the heart attack! Hope you guys are great!

Jodi said...

Mama needs a new pair of shoes . . .

diane said...

I hope I win a necklace or a rice krispie treat.

Jan said...

I'm one of your silent readers/followers -- mostly I just read but I couldn't resist this -- the necklaces are beautiful!

Caitilin said...

Oh those necklaces are gorgeous! I gotta have one!! :)

Caitilin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitilin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I'm in for this giveaway. You've got mad skills.

Christina Overton said...

Beautiful necklaces! You are obviously VERY talented!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kara...I love all your stuff but these are my fav! I went away last thursday and forgot to bid!
I still come to read your blog here and there but haven't been leaving comments as much as I used to. Anyway...you are so talented my friend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your family had a fun Valentine's weekend. I think the necklaces are so cute! Thanks for doing such a fun giveaway!

Jolene said...

I always read your blog and never comment. So my first comment is when you are having a give-away. I'm lame. But those necklaces are pretty sweet.

Kristi said...

Loved all the fun ideas for V. day. Thanks! I do the heart attack to my kid's rooms and all the way down to the kitchen. This year I also did a trail of kisses from their beds to the kitchen.....big mistake. Me, Bob and Avery all had to get up in the middle of the night. Let's just say.....stepping on kisses in your bare feet....HURTS! Live and learn....Anyway, I love ALL your jewelry. So, I am loving these necklaces as well. I am crossing my fingers to be one of your lucky winners! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Kara, show me the love! And if I don't win, I'm buying one of them. They are SO so cute. And you are talented!

Sarah and Kevin said...

Kara- I am always up for a giveaway :) You should seriously start selling them too:)

Jessica said...

I want to hear more about that heart attack...you know me: always up for more holiday celebrating! (what is my problem, anyway!?)

And, also, always up for a giveaway!

And I'm coming to AZ in April (maybe the weekend after Easter) I'm hoping we can get together.

Jen said...

Count me in! You make the cutest dang stuff!

Joanna Heiden said...

Holy Cow...you amaze me! I am just trying to keep my head above water most of the time! We miss you guys! I haven't checked blogs for months,but apparentely I picked the right time to start!hehe!

Photo Crazy! said...

Wow! That is a lot of comments. You are to cute Kara. I can't believe all the work you put into V-Day! How cute are you! I can't keep up with you and Wendi. I love the Heart attack idea. Your kids will always treasure these memories.

Navylangs said...

Oooh - I've been coveting those cute necklaces since you posted a while ago.
And since we missed Valentines around here, I think I need one!

♥Shally said...

I love those necklaces!!

Love the heart attack idea also. I still have no Valentined decor since we were always travelling to Spring Training over Valentine's day!

Karen said...

I love the heart attack idea - saving that one for next year. We too do the heart shaped pizzas. I love your jewelry - thanks for doing a giveaway!

Karen

pam said...

Would love to win a necklace. I always bid at Thursday's for Nie but never win, maybe I'll be luckier here ;)

Emily and Aaron Carter said...

I would LOVE to win this necklace. I won one of the bids on a necklace for Nie Recovery and love it. This would be great to add to my collection. Thanks for doing this!

My crazy crazy life said...

These necklaces are adorable and I love your blog. I found your blog thru Nie blogs of course. You are doing a great thing with the auctions...of course giveaways are always GREAT too...
Jaime
sydgav@gmail.com

Unknown said...

You have been one busy lady! Your necklaces are soooo cute. I just have to have one. Especially since we just discussed them.
You make the neatest jewelry. We should get together sometime and bead.:)

Sorefam said...

kara---39 comments already! amazing! i'm just checkin' in like I always due. So glad I actually know you and can call you my friend! Can't wait to see you in the warm AZ sun in a few days!!

punkinmama said...

Hi! I've been following your Thursdays for Nie blog and realized I didn't actually have this blog in my reader, so I've now added you. Also keeping my fingers crossed for this giveaway! Thanks for the chance to win!

Melanie said...

I would love to win one of these beautiful necklaces. I found your blog through Nie blogs and actually think we were on Dance Company together at Skyline. Hope you are enjoying the warm AZ weather!

Claudia said...

Is it too late to enter, Kara? Love the necklaces! You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

I love the necklaces! Any chance we can speak about possibly creating and purchasing as bridesmaids gifts? Crossing my fingers for the drawing!

Ted and Leslie said...

Kara you amaze me! I'm going to do the heart attack next year - I usually do that in Ted's office, but how dumb that it never occurred to me to do that at home! What a great idea! Also, the necklaces and your words of the year have inspired me. You are seriously great - your words of the year struck a chord this year!

heather said...

Those necklaces are beuatiful! Way to pay it forward.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Kara......girl you could go into buisness...this is huge!!!!!

Tonya said...

Love them!!! You should sell them!
Tonya
tschmidt8@yahoo.com

Jamie said...

yep, i did miss out! I love all your valentines ideas!!! looks like you guys had a great holiday! :)

janelle said...

Kara

I saw the necklace you made Sarah (ididntsaybanana.blogspot.com) and have fallen in love with it. I don't know how to contact you, but a very close friend of mine very unexpectantly lost her newborn baby early this morning. I was wondering if I could order a similar necklace from you for her.

if you could email me bejanelle@gmail.com
I would really appreciate it! I know she would cherish it.

Thank you
janelle