My husband loves golf. For the most part I do too...as long as it becomes a family activity and not one that takes him away from us too much.
Luckily, I think it will be the former! He took the boys to the FBR Open last month and they had a blast. Here is a blurb about this tourney:
Jan. 27, 2009 -- Take whatever image you have of watching golf, on television or live in person, and throw it out the window this week. This is the week of The FBR Open; the largest, the loudest and the craziest event on the PGA Tour. There may only be one course that could handle such a raucous event and PGA Head Professional Greg Wolf of TPC Scottsdale is ready to welcome the world.
PGA.com: Many golf fans think of quiet, classical piano type accompaniment when they visualize golf. It's a serene game. But you guys, at this tournament, it's rock and roll!
This was the right event to take these guys to because they can be a bit loud and crazy themselves. I guess the only reason not to take them might have been that there was a lot of this...
focus on what's behind the boys
...walking around, but they are still too young to notice...at least I hope so. Paul wasn't too young to notice, but thought it was hilarious how all these girls were more interested in Jack and Max than anything else. I guess he got a lot of attention with them. At least I know that if anything happens to me...my kids will be an asset and not a liability!
Anyway, he said the best part was at the 16th hole. They completely surround it with seats and it gets quite crazy.
They also took some time to watch some of the players warm up. They were up close and personal here and even got a souvenir out of it. 
Camilo Villegas, aka "spiderman" (because of his unique way of lining up shots) was there.
After loading himself on the golf cart, he rolled a signed ball to the boys. Pretty cool. Admittedly they were more interested in their 'foam fingers' than the pro's they were watching, but someday they will appreciate it.

This past weekend, Paul was able to go to the Pebble Beach Pro-Am with my brother Dave...thanks to their wives. That's what we gave them for Christmas. We figured we were being extra generous because not only were we giving them a weekend away...it was VALENTINE'S weekend. The pressure was off for them. Yes, we are nice.
They had a great time, but unfortunately only had their less than stellar camera phones to document the trip. Here is the highlight photo.
Paul with Padraig Harrington - the reigning PGA Tour Player of the Year.
Like a good dad, he came home bearing gifts. The kids were thrilled.
In closing...more photos of celebrities at the tournament. Can you tell me who they are?













5 comments:
We thought of Paul as we watched (before it got rained out) Brandon was wishing he was there. Great pictures of all your boys!
Also, very impressed with your ipod valentines...that's a ton of work!
And I'm sending you a pict of some vintage pillows that I think Nora needs for her new bed.
What a great gift for the golf lover in your life.
I would show Matt this post but it's never fun to see a grown man cry. He would trade his right hand for that trip!
I am somewhat of a grown man, and I am crying.
I have sent my right hand in the mail to you. It should get there by tomorrow.
Are you KIDDING ME?
I'll just go back to my office and watch the things on TV that your husband is seeing in person.
I am totally impressed with the picture with Paul and Paddy. We must get together, we will come down there and I will bring my clubs.
Also totally impressed with the valentines.
Yep, getting these boys old enough to enjoy golf with Daddy will surely improve my golf attitude as well.
I noticed your boys wearing their Bandon Dunes hats (same as my boys) from another Daddy golf get away.
Post a Comment