I hate school fundraisers. Sorry, I know that's mean, but it's true. Luckily, the school my kids go to only do a couple that require you to ask your friends and neighbors to buy something. I mean, have a school carnival and I'm there buying tickets, snow cones, and bidding on auction items. But, give me candles, wrapping paper, and coupon books to sell and I'm out.
Well, one of the school's biggest fundraisers is frozen cookie dough. Although I still hate asking people to buy things this one isn't so bad. Who doesn't like cookie dough? Especially the kind that is already formed in individual cookies, wrapped in a storage friendly container and has many mouth watering varieties? Thankfully, lots of our friends and neighbors LOVE IT! This is the only fundraiser of the selling kind that I allow my kids to participate in.
This year though...they HAD to do it themselves. I walk, drive, ride bikes, with them around the neighborhoods, but they had to go up and do the selling themselves. The goal? Sell enough cookies to earn the "limo to lunch." Whatever motivates them right? I was amazed at how many people bought MULTIPLE boxes. It was a great success and the kids were delighted when Grandma/Grandpa, and Paul's work associates put them both over the line to earn the coveted ticket to ride.
Waiting patiently behind the gate with tickets in hand!
Here we see Ella and her friends showing their "limo to lunch" ticket to the principal as they head to the limo! (notice Max in the background with a very sad/jealous face)
Well, one of the school's biggest fundraisers is frozen cookie dough. Although I still hate asking people to buy things this one isn't so bad. Who doesn't like cookie dough? Especially the kind that is already formed in individual cookies, wrapped in a storage friendly container and has many mouth watering varieties? Thankfully, lots of our friends and neighbors LOVE IT! This is the only fundraiser of the selling kind that I allow my kids to participate in.
This year though...they HAD to do it themselves. I walk, drive, ride bikes, with them around the neighborhoods, but they had to go up and do the selling themselves. The goal? Sell enough cookies to earn the "limo to lunch." Whatever motivates them right? I was amazed at how many people bought MULTIPLE boxes. It was a great success and the kids were delighted when Grandma/Grandpa, and Paul's work associates put them both over the line to earn the coveted ticket to ride.
Waiting patiently behind the gate with tickets in hand!
Here we see Ella and her friends showing their "limo to lunch" ticket to the principal as they head to the limo! (notice Max in the background with a very sad/jealous face)
Cute Jack with a big smile! Great job guys! YOU really did it this time!!Here's the catch:
You MUST have enough freezer space to store 40 boxes of frozen cookie dough until they can all be delivered...without thawing out! I didn't calculate this little tidbit into my plans and had to rely on my Mom, sister-in-law, and a nice neighbor until all deliveries were safely made. Thanks to all!!










3 comments:
I'm SO hiding this post from my kids. I won't even drive them around. That cookie dough is good, but it works out to, like, $1 a cookie. I grit my teeth when I make my ONE purchase per kid.
Lucky kids. I always wanted to sell the stuff when I was in elementary to win the cool prizes.....I didn't, but I always wanted to.
A limo to lunch is pretty cool and definitely worth pounding the streets for.
Thankfully my kids don't have any fundraisers at school (I think the hefty tuition gets us out of that).
p.s. Is it just me....or is it ridiculous for a principal of a school to EVER wear jeans to school. Maybe it's a sign of the times, but I don't like it.
(sorry for the unsolicited Marcie opinion, I can't help it :)
I think that is such a cool idea! I would even probably sell something to have that kind of treatment.
Post a Comment