Heather is my sister and today is a BIG Birthday for her! I could never really express how much I love her and how much she means to me, but I will list a few things about her here.40 reasons I love Heather:
1. She gets me.
2. She inspires me.
3. She is beautiful.
Heather in the middle on her wedding day with me on the right and our wonderful sister Shauna on the left!
Heather in the middle on her wedding day with me on the right and our wonderful sister Shauna on the left!4. She is extremely thoughtful

When Paul and I ran the St. George Marathon in 1997 three of my siblings came down with their whole families to cheer us on. Heather took amazing photos of it all and even framed some for us. That's thoughtful!
5. Heather sees everything on a deep level.
Heather jumping into a bed during a trip with friends to Jackson Hole in College! Isn't she fun?
7. I've always looked up to her and some of the best things I've done are because of her example.
8. She can make everything beautiful.
9. Heather can organize and coordinate any event in record time.
10. Because of her skills at finding quality items for a great price, my wedding reception was high class on a very modest budget.

My turn to be the bride in the middle with Heather on the right and Shauna on the left! Notice that I wore her wedding dress! It looked 100 times better on her, but it just goes to show you how much I look up to her!
11. Everything she touches is made better.
12. Heather is always more concerned about others comfort and enjoyment than her own.
13. When we come in town to visit, it's better than staying at a 4 star hotel because of her hospitality and ease.
12. Heather is always more concerned about others comfort and enjoyment than her own.
13. When we come in town to visit, it's better than staying at a 4 star hotel because of her hospitality and ease.
14. Everyone who meets her immediately loves her and remembers her.
Heather getting a big hug and kiss from her hubby Bruce
15. Heather is extremely smart
Here we are deep in conversation (as usual) as we sit by the pool!
More deep conversations with the sisters. Yes, it was the 80's! 17. We both are big time cry babies!
18. She loves my kids and shows them
19. Heather doesn't do anything halfway.
Here she is walking the roof of the two story house on Yale Ave. in Salt Lake City at age 3 or 4. NO FEAR!
Here she is walking the roof of the two story house on Yale Ave. in Salt Lake City at age 3 or 4. NO FEAR! 20. She pays attention to the details.
We went on a ski day just the two of us about 15 years ago. Don't we look marvelous?!
28. She is constantly trying to make her home a place of warmth/welcoming.
29. She fights for what she believes in.
30. As much as she denies this, she has a great sense of style and always looks classy.
31. Not many people think and feel as intensely as Heather.
32. Heather knows the true meaning of friendship.
33. Heather has a great grasp of the "spirit of the law".
34. She came to hang out with me in the dorms at BYU one weekend even though she is 7 years older than me and was married!
35. She always thinks about me if there is a good deal, or good idea that she thinks I would like.
36. She was my inspiration for making quilts...all kinds. I've made too many to count since.
37. Many of my craft/decorating ideas came from Heather.
38. She is a great combination of confidence and humility.
39. Heather wants nothing but GOOD for herself, her family, and all of those around her.
40. She is my best friend.
I love you more than I could ever say Heather. I hope you have the best day ever!! I will be thinking of you constantly.
21. She convinced me to grow out my bangs in the 5th grade when no one else was doing it yet. I'm sure I was just her guinea pig, but I only cut them once after that and immediately started growing them out again!
22. She always encourages me and makes me feel better about myself.
23. Heather is always honest and I know I can trust her.
24. She is the counter cleaning Nazi and puts me to shame as a homemaker.
25. She is a great cook.
26. Heather has a smile that completely lights up her face...and the room.
27. She is an awesome skier...water and snow.
22. She always encourages me and makes me feel better about myself.
23. Heather is always honest and I know I can trust her.
24. She is the counter cleaning Nazi and puts me to shame as a homemaker.
25. She is a great cook.
26. Heather has a smile that completely lights up her face...and the room.
27. She is an awesome skier...water and snow.
We went on a ski day just the two of us about 15 years ago. Don't we look marvelous?!28. She is constantly trying to make her home a place of warmth/welcoming.
29. She fights for what she believes in.
30. As much as she denies this, she has a great sense of style and always looks classy.
31. Not many people think and feel as intensely as Heather.
32. Heather knows the true meaning of friendship.
33. Heather has a great grasp of the "spirit of the law".
34. She came to hang out with me in the dorms at BYU one weekend even though she is 7 years older than me and was married!
35. She always thinks about me if there is a good deal, or good idea that she thinks I would like.
36. She was my inspiration for making quilts...all kinds. I've made too many to count since.
37. Many of my craft/decorating ideas came from Heather.
38. She is a great combination of confidence and humility.
39. Heather wants nothing but GOOD for herself, her family, and all of those around her.
40. She is my best friend.










15 comments:
you are the best sister to think of all of these fun and wonderful things about heather. i love all of the pictures. i was just going through old pictures myself...it's good for the soul. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to heather!
I 100% agree with you about all of the 40 things you said about Heather! I have only known her for 2 years but she has made me feel welcome in a new area and she is so honest and loving! I think I am lucky to live down the street from her and call her my friend.
Loving the Sunday Stew! Good way to avoid the blog trap during the week. I have got a lot to learn!
I haven't been able to get a hold of my friend with the Mac to let you into her blog but as soon as I hear something back I will let you know.
ashli
Love that Heather. Every one of those is so true.
I thought I would stop by your blog, and say hello! What a wonderful post about your sister!
What a great tribute to your sista! I agree with number 14- I have only met her a couple of times but totally remember her and thought she was awesome. I still have her recipe cards in my file box...her yummy Chinese Chicken salad is a favorite!
Yep, you guys are beautiful women. She is amazing. I'm lucky to be able to see her once in awhile and drive by her home and see her latest home making ability. She is amazinig. You all are!
What a nice tribute to your sister. Tell me she didn't turn 40? She certainly doesn't look 40! It was fun to see old pics -- especially the 80's pics.
Yup! She's 40! Hopefully our genes are similar that way! I'll tell you in 7 years!
Well you can tell what kind of sister I have in Kara for doing such a tribute. WOW. It's a priceless gift to know how you feel and that you would take the time to do somthing so special. I will try to live up the way you describe me to everyone. I was profusely in tears on my birthday reading your sentiments. You are the absolute best! God's merciful gift is a sister. I love you back! Heather
Your such a great sister! Happy Birthday to Heather!
Wow, what a lucky sister she is. That was a sweet list. I'm sure she has printed it out and read it a few times over. I would!
Kara,
Thankyou so much for sharing what you do in your blog. I am inspired by what you do and what you write, and most of all who you are. it has really changed me. What a beautiful person you are.
Thankyou for the value you add to my life!
Rachel
It was so fun to read all of the wonderful things you wrote about Heather. I lived near Heather in Chicago and agree with all of those amazing qualities you described about her. It was ten years ago and I still recall a lot of the loving advice she gave me back then. She truly is a beautiful person inside and out. Heather if you are reading this Happy Birthday! I admire the incredible woman that you are. I don't have any sisters and am so envious of that special bond that you all share. The three of you are adorable. Thanks for sharing Kara. It was so touching.
Caroline
Hey, Heather rocks. You know, she looks so much like Christy. I never really realized that until now...does she hear that a lot? Yes, I lost all of my links when I changed templates. There is a way to do it w/o losing anything but I'm a rookie. Yes, we should get together soon. Are your parents going to be AZ snowbirds??? I hope so!
what a sweet way to honor your sister! I remember you talking about Heather in our college days, you looked up to her so much. That wedding dress shows off your collar bones nicely. Both of you look hot!
Post a Comment