Monday, February 18, 2008

No Drug Rehab ect...

This is the first time I have contributed to Kara’s Blog; however, I do on occasion read the posts. It is always fun to see what our friends and families are doing. A little clarification on Kara’s recent post in which she talks about me, “being back...and going through difficult times”. The cocaine and kitty porn parties were the hardest habit to break. The IV Fentanyl, crushable Oxycontin were not that tuff to kick after the “shakes, convulsions, vomiting, and bad trips”, I did just fine.

I'm glad I cleared that up! The reality is that after the completion of any surgical residency if you want to be considered a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon then you must pass two board tests. The first is a written one (taken and passed last year), after which you have three years to then prepare and take the oral examination. I figured there is no time like the present and took the exams in back to back years, thus the “difficult times”, and stress over the last 6 weeks. The oral exam was completed in Dallas on V-Tines day. I do appreciate Kara and the kids for giving me time to study after work and on weekends. Kara took over MY daily jobs of: doing the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, and cooking. Kara is the best, and yes I did get “Lucky” on Valentines day. In case you were wondering...I have returned to my above mentioned cleaning and cooking duties.
PK

17 comments:

Kristie Young said...

Thanks for the clarification. You are pretty much amazing. My husband just finished the whole bar exam thing and is now trying to figure out how to be an attorney. Those first few years getting into your profession sound so stressfull and scary. I have gained a lot of respect for my husband as he struggles trying to balance family and work. It is especially hard with the standard being set by the non-mormon single work-aholic. You guys are amazing and don't get near enough credit.

kara jayne said...

I'm not so sure what his intentions were for writing this post. If he thinks it will get him more "lucky" then he is sorely mistaken...unless of course he is implying that he wants to now take over the cooking and cleaning duties. In that case...BRING IT ON!!

Shawni said...

I am very impressed by husband bloggers. Congrats on the test being done, Paul.

Lisa Cannon said...

Funny thing! Wouldn't we all be more willing to make our husbands "lucky" quite frequently if they really did do all that stuff around the house :)

Marcie said...

Laughing at Lisa's comment because after 12 years of marriage, my husband has just recently caught on to that bit of truth.

Congrats Paul on a job well done (and on your first post).

smithfam said...

TOO FUNNY! For a minute there we all thought you were partying it up with Kirsten Dunst and Eva Mendes in Utah!

Congrats on ALL of your Vday endeavors!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud. That's good ol Paul Kelly humor. Something I remember from my childhood. Who else would take our new bra straps and cross them up over our heads. Or give us wedgies with our cool GUESS overalls.....big brother Paul!! He is so funny and a loved this post. Congrats on finishing those boards......we KNOW how painful and hard those are!!!

stacy said...

i'm just glad you stopped the porn and drugs. hahaha! those things FOR SURE don't help you get lucky.

congrats on all the good stuff! :)

Cheryl said...

That might just be the funniest posts I have ever read. I am still laughing. Very nice post Paul. You are natural blogger. I can see how you and Ryan are brothers since he referred to blogging as a stay at home mom's crystal meth in their Christmas card. Nice to see the apples don't fall far from the tree!

We too know the stress of board exams. Rich took physics last fall and still has written and oral to go and that is all before he finishes his radiology residency. Ouch.

I know you were there too. Sometimes I think they just like to kick you when you are down.

Nice to see you all have survived and that hopefully things will return to normal!

Julie said...

Paul you have a great and selfless wife!! But we both know that. Thank you for working so hard to take care of her. I am happy for you all that those crummy tests are over. You two need to go on a vacation! I guarantee you'll get lucky again!

Mia said...

ok, if you want to do a virtual makeover, go to www.seventeen.com
click on hair-skin-makeup
go to salon, then click on start my makeover. You have to create an account with a username and password, but it's free and only takes a couple seconds! Enjoy! this is so much fun! They dont have the best selection for hair styles, but you can get a pretty good idea of what you will look like. I'd like to see some pics!

510Jen said...

Oh I want to meet you two. You both are hilarious. Was it the one you took here in Iowa if so great job!

Annie Sunshine said...

That is too funny...still laughing. Glad to hear life is less stressful around the Kelly house. When do you find out the results?

Sorefam said...

can't stop laughing!!! wish you guys were still here....we never did get to golfing (just the four of us)...maybe someday!!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness, your husband cracked me up! He's got a great sense of humor..so glad he could give up the coke...that can be a tough thing to quit :)

So glad the stress is over, too.

Anonymous said...

Drag
Rehab
is one of the long term recovery treatment.

Unknown said...

Hi Friends
Problem With Drugs or Alcohol? This Drug Rehab has Helped Thousands of Individuals to Recover.

http://www.drugrehabcenter.com