I am stumped!! I am supposed to be planning the Primary quarterly activity for the end of March and I seriously have NO IDEA of what to do. I was thinking of incorporating getting to know the new Prophet President Monson, but that is where the ideas end. I really am no good for this part of my job, so I'm calling on all you creative minds out there to help me out. Any input would be most appreciated!! Thanks. Keep in mind that the weather here will be FABULOUS the end of March, so that is a plus if any of the activities can be outside! Thanks ahead of time!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









12 comments:
I'm sure you already know about sugardoodle.net they have great ideas. Good Luck!
Hey! Sue beat me to the punch. I was going to recommend sugardoodle.net, too. I will keep my ears open and let you know if I hear of anything, because I know I am not creative enough to think of something on my own!
And how is everyone doing such great backgrounds? I need to get on the ball, bad, but I can't figure it out. And I'm also afraid of erasing my whole blog in the process.
I'll be thinking for you. But I do love sugardoodle!
I got an email from a girl in my ward last week about a FHE lesson about getting to know Pres. Monson. I will send it your way via email. It might not be what you are looking for, but it's worth a try. Good luck!
You could make them all passports and take them on a journey through President Monson's life. At each stop they could learn about what he did at that particular time in his life and they could each get a stamp in their passport. The presidency could dress up as flight attendants! Just an idea. I was just released from the primary presidency so, I feel I still get these random ideas. I am sure you will come up with something amazing!
Maybe do it on "Latter Day Prophets" and then highlight President Monson.
You could make up "Prophet Bingo" with those stickers they sell at Deseret Book. Play Musical Prophet chairs. Have a Prophet treasure hunt that starts with facts about Joseph Smith and ends with President Monson.
Have people in your ward dress up as some of the prophets and tell about themselves. etc. Good Luck!
Don't mean to be a butt-inski, but I found you through Crystal H....I heard about this idea a while back and have always wanted to do it but haven't yet. Since you mentioned Pres. Monson I thought of "Pancakes and Prophets". You start with a pancake breakfast (outside), then do a round-robin learning an interesting fact about the prophets. If you could get men from your ward to dress up and act the part that would be awesome. You may not have time to do all of them in one activity, but maybe do some this quarter then the others next time, leading up to Pres. Monson. Or whatever. One day I'm going to try and pull this one off.
on the same note as doing passports and taking the kids on a journey through Pres. Monson's life- you could make the kids invites as a Boarding Pass. We just had one similar to this and was WAY successful. I still have the copy of the invite if you want me to email it to you. Good Luck.
Hey! (no ideas, sorry)
Did you get my email on Wednesday?
We did a "Follow the Prophet" obstacle course one year. At each obstacle they had to overcome a specific temptation or accomplish something that a prophet has asked us to do. It was a fun activity and they were able to realease a lot of energy. But I really love the idea about the passports and visiting different parts of Pres. Monsons life. That sounds really cute. Good luck. And remember simplicity is true success!
NO ideas, sorry! But I learned about sugardoodle, thanks! Oh and good luck with planning!
Post a Comment