Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm just wondering...

BEFORE:


AFTER:

How am I supposed to feel when I come home from getting a haircut and my 5 year old greets me with, "what happened to your hair?" Then the 3 year old says, "Mom, why is your hair crazy?" The kicker was when all my husband said after that was, "Do you like it?" (say it to yourself putting the emphasis on the word like).

Ya, that's what I thought too. I'm trying to feel O.K. about it...I mean I really don't have a fragile ego. I'm just sayin'...

38 comments:

Wendi said...

I love it!

Amy said...

It looks awesome! I wish my hair was thick enough to do that.

Lisa Cannon said...

I really love it. My hair has always been so short, and it is the longest it's been in years. I think it's darling, they're just not used to it yet. You'll love it in the summer when it's so hot there!!!

smithfam said...

I love it also! It looks super chic!

Celia Fae said...

Please. It is darling. Husbands and children hate it when women do anything to their hair. Only the opinions of othe women count.

Unused Account said...

I LOVE IT! You look like a chic and hip chick.

POOF!
Soccer Mom hair be gone!

Annie Sunshine said...

Love it...and I agree with celia fae.

Marcie said...

Actually like it better. It is DARLING.

Totally understand what a downer it is, however, when the hubby and kids give you a "so-so" response.

Cheryl said...

LOVE IT! I agree, I think they just weren't ready for change. You look beautiful before and after, but I really do like it short. Sometimes you just need to give a cut a few days until everyone gets used to it on you.

Rich has gotten to the point with haircuts he asks me if it's a scary haircut (change) or safe one (trim). I have had my share of doozies, so I guess that is why they all worry when I leave the house for a cut!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's super stylish and fun. I wish I had the guts to cut off my long hair. Then I wouldn't have a rat tail.

When I came home with my last haircut Adam said, "I'm sorry." How's that for a response?!

Ashley said...

Love the new do! What's not to like? You look beautimous as always no matter what sort of response you got at home. Hey, you've got to give them credit for at least noticing!

Once when I chopped my hair super short, one of the girls in my primary class laughed at me when I walked in and said, "Why is your hair so funny?" In this case though, she was probably right. It was a little scary!

RoRo2 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!! You take great before and after pics, I love the new haircut and the color is awesome! My husband approaches it the same way, if I say I like it then he really does but if I say I don't he'll say it's not bad. As for the kids, well, who knows what they're thinking!

stacy said...

i LOVE it! if you ask me i think you could have even gone a little shorter. :) i think you look younger...not that you looked old before. you look beautiful. aren't you glad you have a blog?!?! here is where you can get all of the positive input. :)

Shawni said...

that does it...I'm chopping my hair off.

cabrenchley said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

I'm here to say that you look VERY CHIC with the new hair!!! You have the bone structure to pull it off and look very POSH!

I agree with Celia, however, that husbands and children often do not like change. Like when I first started dying my blond eyebrows light brown, I came home and my son said , "Mom you look like a crazy lady"

Kirkland's said...

Kara, I've been wanting to cut my hair short for over a year but my sister (my stylist) won't do it. I've thoughbt about going elsewhere before baby is born. I think you look great and I would feel the same way with the responses you got, they'll get used to it and love it too! Btw, thanks for the stories and advice on induction and for spelling pitocin right for me!

Sarah said...

love it love it. Us moms always need a new change and what better way than to cut our hair. It grows and soon enough you will want to cut it again. I think it looks adorable on you. You are a stylish chick.

Nichols Family said...

It looks awesome! I love that style...very stylish indeed.

Jamie said...

oooooh, super model- so very cute!

Sally said...

Love it...Very Katie Holmes. But seriously Kara, you ALWAYS have GREAT hair- long, short, whatever!

Annie Ruden said...

Stylin', I love it.

Lena said...

I didn't catch you today at church, but from afar, I thought it looked really cute! AND, I really loved the previous blog. I am totally going to keep that quote--it really addressed some of my current concerns! Thanks!

Shy Little Violets said...

Ok so i'm just one of 100 that loves your hair. I'm glad you took the plunge. Man people love you Kara. It's fun to see all the comments.

Marcie said...

FYI
Jim also like the new haircut even better than before (he probably wouldn't want me to voice his opinion, but I think a guy opinion should count for something)

He was on your blog copying the "sin city" post. He shared it in bishopric meeting yesterday for his spiritual thought. Thanks for sharing.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I remember you only with short hair like the "after" photo, so I think it looks fabulous. Aren't kids the funniest about stuff like that!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Hotness Batman!!! You look awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the new haircut is so darling. I've been asking to get my haircut for the past 3 hair appointments, but my lady won't do dramatic cuts on customers that aren't feeling good (which I think is a good rule of thumb.) You're cute photos make me want to do it!!!!

Julie said...

My daughter tells me that I have yellow teeth! Who are they to talk anyway. If it weren't for us dedicated mothers they would look like street eurchants everyday!! And men are men, there is no changing them!
I love the do! I think it looks really cute. I wish I dared to do that! I did cut off a couple inches friday!! WOW

510Jen said...

I love it. You look so cute.

MaryClaire Brown said...

i love it. shortly after parker was born i chopped my hair and got the same kind of reaction from my husband. what is it with guys and thinking that girls have to have long hair?

Mia said...

Seriously, you could shave your head and still be drop dead gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Men just never know what to say when a beauitful woman graces them with their presence!!!! I think it looks great!

Heather said...

I want to know how you get 32 people to comment on your hair. I guess I need to start blogging so I have some friends. I personally like it better. I too agree with what someone else said. I think you should toy with going even shorter, more dramatic. It is shek, classy and stylish. Great choice. What do husbands and kids know about hair anyway. Love it and I love you!
Your sis-Heather

Sue said...

Love the new cut! You're stylist did a great job! I hope everyone around your house is getting use to your new look. You look great!

Sorefam said...

you did it!!!! you know, after i cut mine with the similar "katie holmes" cut, matt wasn't too sure about it either. but now he really likes it and i just got it cut again---true sign that you really like your haircut!!! it'll grow on everyone else....but do you like it? that's the real question! I really love mine---now (i didn't know what i thought at first).

Jessica said...

I know I'm late but

no no no no! Do not listen to them. That haircut is SO good!

ashli said...

Matt and I both like it shorter....I dare say you should maybe even go shorter.:) I am trying to get the guts to go and cut my hair off. I guess I just feel like I got it this long I should probably keep it. But, It's Hair and it grows!
It's Darling!

Amz said...

Ooooo! I love it! It looks so great. I wish I were brave enough to cut it all off. I had it short from 4th grade to my Junior year and I think I'm still just trying to make up for those years. I just don't want to be one of those that doesn't know when to cut it though....and has long hair past the time it looks good. Way to go for taking the plunge.