Well, there are a lot of views you will see of our rooms, and none of them are pretty! I think we were supposed to document our favorite room, and I will do that. Before I show you the favorite, I will have to show you some others so you properly understand.
I was away this weekend with some girlfriends (post coming soon) and this picture (to the left) pretty much sums up what probably went on in the house while I was away.
Paul was a fun Dad and set up the tent in our big empty (except for the piano) front room and let the kids sleep there........it's still there and has now become an extra playroom.
Here is some of the laundry I came home to. This picture was taken after I finished four loads!
I know! (I think I actually heard an audible gasp) This is the playroom......not much playing being done right now in here. Perhaps that's why the tent has become the playroom. I'm sure every puzzle piece, Lego, and game card is on this floor. Quite the contrast to Sue and Marcie's clutter free playrooms. I need some major help guys. We actually don't have that many toys. The shelves are used mostly for storing our decorations, scrapbooks, supplies, etc.
While I am grateful that the kids had a great time with Dad, and that it wasn't too stressful for him......I now understand why! I think when men are in charge of the kids they take that to mean that the kids just have to be alive when Mom gets home. As fun as it is to go away for a couple of days, I dread the clean-up/catch-up that goes along with it when I get home.
TA DA!!!! This is my favorite room in our house right now. No, not because of the great decor. It is because it is the easiest to clean. My poor boys have beds in their room with a CD player on the floor. THAT'S IT! Nora's room and our master bedroom are pretty similar on the lack of furnishings and decor, but it makes my life SO MUCH easier. Someday I will have the time, money, energy, ideas, creativity (I'll need help for the last two), and desire to decorate. For now, SIMPLICITY!!









6 comments:
I love it Kara! Thanks for keeping it real. That is supposed to be the point of "Tell all Tuesday" I especially love the top photo with Paul in the background!
I love that you just say it how it is! My playroom looked like that for the entire month of August and I finally decided I better look for anything that may have died or rotted away!
You paint the perfect picture! Just trying to keep our favorite things happy! Your kids are so lucky!
My toy room looks exactly like that, except maybe worse! My mother-in-law comes over and cleans it for me occasionally. How embarrassing.
I really do understand, the two rooms that I posted were the only ones that got cleaned today....and unfortunately that didn't last.
I love the family sized tent in the front room! Too funny- I'm sure the kids are anxious for you to leave again....just dreaming about what dad may come up with next.
I am the same way. I feel like I do not have a good decorating bone in my body. I have a living room empty. It has a desk in it and that is it. I didnt want to put the money or energy into decorating a room, that is going to get banged up, and furniture that is going to get spit up on and jumped all over. So it will remain the wrestle mania pit.! YOur right simple is best!
you rock. I love this post more than any other. I am pretty sure my day consists of cleaning, then cleaning, then cleaning if I want it to look nice. When I stop to have fun with my kids, or to eat or shower, it goes right back to crazy.
And I love why you picked your favorite room. Very true!
Post a Comment