As I was cleaning up the toy room the other day, I noticed the "weapons" pile getting bigger and bigger. When I saw the final line up I was a little ......hum......repulsed? I new my ideal thought of having a "weapon free home" was down the toilet a couple of years ago when everything was somehow turned into one by Jack. Then came the gifts from others. I thought to myself, "this isn't a big deal", they are just using their imaginations....that's good....right?! I'm not so sure now, but am at a loss of what to do. The boys really do play well most of the time, and are mostly fighting the "bad guys", but there are plenty of times when swords hit more than each other. I've also had the great pleasure of seeing Max point a toy gun in a visitors face and say "say goodbye" and pull the trigger! Oh yes, mine is a home of peace and tranquility! I sometimes wonder what people think is gong on here. So, what are your thoughts/suggestions about toy weapons? If you are going to tell me to get rid of them then give my your advice on how to best do that without making them even more enticing than before. If you think they are no big deal tell me that too!! As I've stated before in previous posts, I am open to opinions and not easily offended! Bring it on!!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 comments:
You've seen my weapons posts....I too am shocked by it all but have given in and given up.
I am laughing because I went to three dollar stores to find numb chucks (sp?) today. If the boys were good for pictures I promised I would go buy them (I had refused last week, and of course they were sold out when we went back).
Good luck! I'll be reading hoping for some advice I could use also.
I say it is a lost cause! If you get rid of all of the weapons, then they will find another one. It may be their fingers, or the remote, or some other kind of homemade gun. Kids will be kids. Now when they start robbing the popcicle man, or the mailman, then maybe we can worry. LOL! Hope this helps.
I have to agree...I'm starting to realize weaponry is in boys wiring and trying to de-weapon your house would be a lost cause! I never thought I'd let my kids play with toy guns and already, my 3 year old has got my 15 month old "shooting"!! It's a bit depressing but funny at the same time. We just try and make them understand very clearly these are toys and of course if they're used against each other, they get taken away- I'm sure you're past all of that.
It's part of boy growing up!
I'm waiting for your tag post! Where are you? As far as the whole weapons thing- I have no answers. If my kids aren't taking a bite out of each others arm their hitting each other with a sword. I figure the ratio to kids that had toy guns to serial killers is pretty low. I think I'll draw the line at violent video games. I swear every kid that took a gun into a school spent hours in front of the T.V playing them. If we only had all the answers. I guess this is where all of our teaching and lecturing comes in.
Kara-
Sue is referring to the 9 things about your marriage tag. I tagged you a few days ago.
So you're it!
We need all the juicy details. Humor us!
Post a Comment