Can you tell it was a bright morning? Do you notice Ella's new sassy short haircut? (I had been begging her to let me cut it for months! Thank goodness cousin Sarah in Utah had just cut hers and inspired Ella to do the same! Goodbye low side ponytail - Ella's favorite)
Dad with his big Kindergartner on the first day of school!
He was so excited and so ready for school!! Isn't he the cutest thing?We have been agonizing over the decision of what school to send the kids to. I was not prepared when we moved here to have so many choices. Where I grew up, everyone in the neighborhood went to the same school, end of story. It was great and I think it built a great sense of community. Well, here there are public, private, and charter schools galore. There are probably a half a dozen or more elementary schools represented in just our neighborhood.....arghhhh! Well, Wednesday was the first day of school and we had to make our decision. We decided to send Ella and Jack to a great little charter school less than a mile away. We love that they use the Spalding method for reading and writing, and the Saxon Math. We also love that it is a small, quiet, quaint little school with lots of families that we know. The kids seem to really like it and I feel like we made a great choice. Here are some pics of the kids on the first day. They were not cooperating much and were complaining of the bright sun in their eyes! Ella started 2nd grade, and Jack is in Kindergarten.









8 comments:
Your kids are so beautiful. Isabel starts 2nd grade this year too. She's excited.
They look adorable! I remember my first day of Kindergarten like it was yesterday! How time flies....
Such cute kids...We start a week from today and have struggled with the same thing - which school!? Charter or public....time will tell if we made the right choice!
So fun to see the kids on the first day of school! I can't believe school has started already. Lots of my friends here are sending their kids to Charter schools this year. I am anxious to hear how you like it. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!
They look so sweet! Glad you are happy with your school choice. It is like that out here also. All of the kids in our ward go to different schools. I hate it.
We have a coupke weeks left until our school starts, then the party will begin!!!
Your kids look so cute!
This post makes me feel the flutter of excitement that I did each first day of school as the teacher of bright little faces
and then anxiety because soon I will be sending my first one into a classroom and on a bus for the first time.
Wow first day of school. We still have 2 more weeks.
That is great that you were able to find a great school. I am so involved in my children school.
Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for details.
Post a Comment