Sunday, August 5, 2007

Calling All Music Lovers

I am I am calling out all bloggers to give me your favorite running/motivational tunes. This post is not a call out to runners only. I really need to kick my training for the St. George Marathon into gear (first Sat. in Oct) and figured I'd start with one of my favorite things....MUSIC!! I am trying to compile some great running tunes for motivation. So, here is where you come in. Everyone who reads this needs to comment and leave me at least five of your favorite motivational tunes. If your a runner GREAT! If your not, GREAT! I want ideas from EVERYONE! Remember that I will be running for just about 4 hours, so I will need a lot of tunes to keep me going! Don't be chintzy!

4 comments:

AKockler said...

There she goes is my favorite send me an email Kara and i can send you what ever you want

I have Newsboys skillit chris daughtry just to name a few that are motivational to me...

Alyssa

Jamie said...

I've loved listening to your play list. I have some good work out songs that really get me moving....they also work really well for cleaning. I do have to say I tend to like some of the more sassy, maybe skanky music when excersising- you might not like them!! I'll give you my list so take it or leave it...

These boots are made for walkin'
Suddenly I see
London Bridge
My Humps
Hips Don't Lie
Pump It
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree

This may say way too much about me....

Sorefam said...

kara, i have several "running playlists" on my iPod, so i'd be happy to send the entire list to you. However, here are some of my current favs
Beautiful Day by U2 (great to start with) and also Vertigo by U2
Move Along by All-American Rejects (great for a tough point in your run)
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous by Good Charlotte (pretty quick beat)
Spin by Lifehouse
Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy
Save a horse (ride a cowboy) by Big and Rich
Are you gonna go my way by Lenny Kravitz
Southside by Moby
SexyBack and Rock Your Body by justin timberlake
Clocks and Speed of Sound by Coldplay
Billie Jean,Thriller by Michael Jackson
I believe in a thing called love by The Darkness
ABC by Jackson 5
Let's Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas
Crazy in Love by Beyonce
Since U Been Gone by kelly Clarkson
American Baby, Two Step, Lie on Our Graves, Everyday all by Dave Matthews Band--he's one of my favorite artists, so I have a bit of a personal bias here........
Hope this helps you out! I'd love to see some of your favs as well as I'm always looking to update my playlists. I have mine set for specific runs and specific times, with the more motivational songs at tough parts during my runs. Many of these songs I wouldn't let my kids listen to, like jamie said in her post about the sassy songs, so that's also my time to listen to them. Bad--probably! Good luck! Oh, and I also wanted to tell you that there is a bear up in Ebner Coulee so I haven't been running up there lately! So sad.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I don't even know you, but I linked over to your blog from Jamie Shipps's. (Our husbands were in the same Dental School class at U of L) Anyways, my favorite running tunes are
1. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
2. Turn the Beat Around - Vicki Sue Robinson
3. Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
4. Boogie Oogie Oogie - Taste of Honey

For some reason disco music is awesome to run to . Great idea for a post. I'm going to write down a couple of these songs to. Good luck with the Marathon!!