
I've had a lot of people wanting to know where I got Ella's dress. I've actually been meaning to post about this for sometime. You see, getting Ella's dress was quite the journey.
Of course I wanted a beautiful white dress for Ella's baptism day. Call me uptight, but I really wanted it to have sleeves. I have a strong belief about modesty...especially living in a hot place like AZ. I have no problem with kids wearing tank tops and short shorts, but I figure if it's always the rule in our house then it's nothing to fight later. So, for all of you who don't have the rule...I absolutely DON'T judge you. I think little tank dresses are so cute and sweet. I just have decided that once my girls are school age they will adhere to the standards found in the Strength of Youth pamphlet put out by my church.
I found some so so dresses at a few places but was shocked by how hard it was to find all white dresses with sleeves. So, after purchasing a few, and returning them, I was pointed to a website called the Tiny Tot Dress Shop by a fellow blogger Mique! I just happened to be looking at her blog when one of her posts appeared with a picture of the PERFECT white dress. I was thrilled because it was also very affordable. I had to call them to ask about sizes and a REAL PERSON answered the phone and could not have been nicer. So, there you have it. I found a new great online store and got the dress I was imagining.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tiny Tot Dress Shop
Posted by kara jayne at 9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









15 comments:
It is amazing. And I wish Anna was eight so I could buy one right now!
I am also feeling a little guilty that I totally live for tank dresses and tank tops on my girls. I think I do it on purpose. Kind of living vicariously through them.
So I will have to have a heart to heart with myself. We'll see...
I don't buy tanks for Alice and always put sweaters over any sleeveless dresses. Same reason. You are strong, however, living in that heat. The weather here is much more "sleeve accomodating".
Wondering if I would be an idiot to order that same dress six years ahead of time for Alice. I'm seriously considering it. Really.
I am a HUGE white cotton dress fan and actually, starting with her blessing dress, have Alice's yearly birthday pictures taken in a white cotton dress. I hope she'll let me keep it up at least until her baptism. I just think it will be so fun to have all those years of white dress pictures.
It is PERFECT. So is the necklace and poem you wrote. You are amazing.
Darn! Just checked the website and the dress in only left in sizes 2,4,6.
My daughters getting bapstized next spring. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip. I LOVE the poem you wrote. I love that it prepares her for the YW values. What a sweet gift.
I just got caught up on your blog. Everything looks great. Your house, your pictures, your neclace, and sweet Ella's baptism. You too, have been busy! I love it all! And I see eye to eye with the whole dress thing. I got Sadies in Feb. because I wanted to make sure I could find one with sleeves. Her dress is beautiful. I am glad it was such a great day for you all!
Let me know if you all are going to be around in July. We are still coming out with our without you. But with you would be much better!
Look at me, posting a comment! Loved visiting with you today and your new room is beautiful! Thanks for letting me barge in on you today.
Christy
Love the dress. I have the same philosophy as you on dreses standards and had to search all over the place for my daughter's baptism dress in March. I've bookmarked the website for future reference. Thanks for the tip.
oh SUCH a cute dress!!! i have a friend who has a similar modesty rule as you. i have a tough time w/ that one because like you said all the sleeveless ones are SO cute. my parents (i think) started that rule for us when we were maybe 12 or so? i think. . anyway, i've already been thinking about what i will do w/ that one one day. good for you you found a way to do it. i LOVE your blog!
That dress is beautiful! I have 5 more years until I will need 2 of those!
a)LOVE finding good modest dress websites.
b)exact same rule here, exact same reasoning. And it is SUCH a pain, especially around Easter time.
my mom wrote us poems on special occasions. I loved it because to me it meant that she took extra time writing her love to me. your poem is wonderful and the necklace is really cute!
Love the dress. It really is so perfect. Ella looked beautiful in it.
What a special time for her and your entire family. 8 is the best birthday ever!
How cute is this dress! If only I had a girl... someday.
Amen sista! I even told my boys to date girls with sleeves. Modest is the hottest.
Kara,
Where have I been??? I haven't checked out your blog for awhile. Ella looks BEAUTIFUL in that dress. I feel the same way that you do. That's why I was excited when I found that dress (the other one is pretty too but sleeveless). I grew up on the beach and we were allowed to wear clothes with thick straps (no spaghetti straps) but that was before the church came out with new FSOY standards.
Anyway- she is a doll. LOVE IT!!
Post a Comment