Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Puerto Penasco, Mexico - Rocky Point, that is.

Get ready for an onslaught of photos here. This is my scrapbook you know!!

We are lucky enough to have a great friend who owns a condo in Rocky Point, Mexico. He has been so generous to let us use it. It is only a 4 1/2 hour drive from Phoenix, has a great pool with water slide, and is right on the beach. This is our third time going down there since we have lived here. The kids have a blast every time!

I never upload the photos in a great order, so this will be a bit random.


If you enlarge this photo you can see the octopus in the middle there. We had such a great time searching for shells, hermit crabs, fish, and all other sea life. It wasn't hard to find any of them. I think I was enjoying it more than the kids.

One morning Max and Nora woke up at 5:30am! Of course! I decided to take them down to the beach so the others could sleep in a bit. The lighting was great and so was the temperature. I could have stayed there all morning.

I love this kid so much. Max seems to have really grown up in just the last couple of weeks. I've always said there is something about the age of 4. As you can see, he still sports much of his wardrobe backwards though! I love it...it keeps him little in my eyes!

Nora liked walking on the beach and feeling the wind in her hair.

When I saw her cute sandy toes I had to get a picture. My friend has a similar picture of her daughters toes in her home and I LOVE it!!

When it was time to go back up to the condo Nora was not having any of it! She loves to sit and pout these days. It cracks me up, and ALWAYS makes me smile...really!

I love how she has to keep looking up to make sure you see her pouting. She really works it!


Here we all are in a painful family picture. It was so bright, and the kids just wanted to get down to the beach!!


Nora's outfit is classic in this picture. She hat to wear the ugly hat that we paid through the nose for in San Diego when we were there a few weeks ago. (you do anything when your desperate to avoid a sunburn) And for some reason she was determined to wear those goggles...even though she wanted nothing to do with the ocean.


Just had to throw in this picture of my handsome Jack.


...and my wet and wild beauty Ella.


Ella was the best sister EVER on this trip. She probably took Nora down the water slide 50 times.


She was always so sweet and aware of her.


I'm not sure if you can tell, but Ella is under the water and holding up Nora to keep her safe! HOW SWEET!


Max liked trying all sorts of moves.


This was Jack's favorite position.



I just smiled every time I saw them coming out of that tube! (which was about 200 times)



This picture cracks me up because Nora looks so tough. It's like she's saying, "oh yea, I'm goin' on the big slide...can you handle it?"



Paul took the older kids on a banana boat. I wasn't too sure about this. I mean, they aren't that concerned with safety over the boarder. Just look at the size of the life jackets on my kids. Luckily they all survived and had a great time.



This is my favorite part of the beach...where the water crashes on the sand. That's about as far as I like to get in these days.



The kids loved having Paul all to themselves again. He really is their idol.



Not much to say about this picture except that I love it. Nora was sporting the 1980's Michael Jackson hair the whole trip...forehead curl and all.



This was Max's reaction when it was time to leave. Is he just the cutest thing ever?



This was Nora's reaction to leaving. Followed by...



of course.



This is what I like to see behind me on the way home. We had a great time!

19 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I love how you've captured the kids' expressions--priceless! You're such a great writer.

Rachel said...

A great photographer as well, I might add! Thanks for sharing your trip, it is really fun seeing things that we might like to do with our own family that have been successful for others with little kids. Your boys are so dang handsome!

Unknown said...

So do I get to come next time to Mexico?? That trip just sounds heavenly!

YOu must have an amazing camera because I am lovin' the pictures that are coming up on your blog these days (including that wonderful and adorable "photo shoot" you did a few posts ago).

Marcie said...

Wow, what a great trip. I love all the photo documentation.

Have to admit I am stressing still just thinking about how big Jack's life jacket was on the banana. Yikes!

Hayden would have LOVED to see that octopus.

Sounds like a great place. So glad that you got to enjoy a great family vacation together.

Claudia said...

I am always so worried about taking a trip across the border. This looks like such a blast I might have to give into Blake and head down there. Your kiddos are adorable! love,Claudia

stacy said...

that looks like the best trip. i so want to do that. we have afree place to stay there too and just haven't gone yet cause i've been so miserable.

i love all of the pics. they are SO great

Kristie Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawni said...

Oh man that looks so fun. I love Rocky Point. I also LOVE the pictures. I love how you captured so darn much in such great shots.

It was so great to see you today. Thanks for your sweet support! Thanks for helping with Grace yesterday too. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

So I just read Shawni's comment which must mean that you were able to go to her class!!! So jealous...can't wait to hear about it.

Love all of the pictures- especially the little sandy toes- so dang cute! You have such a beautiful family!

Lisa Cannon said...

I love Nora's pout. Tonight, Max just sat down in a parking lot. Great.

Those lifejackets are scary. He would fall right out. Yikes!

Your pictures are wonderful!

I work at the Gap with a friend from high school...Jen Owen is her married name. She said to tell you "hello" and talked about how pretty you are. She is ready to pop with her 4th baby.

Cheryl said...

What a trip!! Rocky Point looks amazing. How fun to have a silde and the ocean right outside.

I LOVE Nora's pout. My girls are showing some serious attitude at times lately and it has me worried. Very worried. I'm used to boys who get mad and forget about it 3 seconds later.

I laughed out loud at Jack's lifejacket. Oh my goodness. And a few years ago in Louisville they wouldn't let my boys go down the water slide because their lifejackets didn't have a strap between the legs.

You have such a beautiful family!!

BRoss said...

you take incredible photos. looks like the kind of place you dream of taking you kids, except you weren't dreaming....

Kristie Young said...

I am revising my typo-ridden comment now. You take great pictures and I love your posts.
Looks like you had a great time together in Mexico. We need more family only vacations.

Lisa Erskine said...

That looks like a fun family trip! Have you taken a photography class before??? You take great pictures!! Nora is a doll...she does the same pouty thing as my 3 year old, Emery! It makes me laugh!

Sorefam said...

love all the random pics.....one of my favorite things about blogs!!

cabrenchley said...

Looks like so much fun. We have never been down there. Where did you stay? Would you stay there again? It was so nice to see you yesterday. Your pictures turned out wonderful. I like the one where Nora in looking down and the wind is blowing. So cool!

JDM said...

Looks like such a great trip. You do take great pictures. The pout is priceless. And that last picture is the perfect ending. I'm really enjoying the pictures you're using in this post and the last with the working women. As always love reading about your thoughts and life.

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! That is one place I have never been on a true vacation. Mexico. In two years we hope to go. I'll have to pick your brain.

Erika said...

Looks like so much fun!