This is my beautiful Ella Elizabeth.
She was Baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, on Saturday June 14th 2008.
She was Baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, on Saturday June 14th 2008.
I did a little photo shoot with her the week before the big day. I think they turned out pretty good. Thanks to Shawni and her Photoshop skills for making me look good!
And thanks to my friend Denise for letting me use her beautiful backyard.
And thanks to my friend Denise for letting me use her beautiful backyard.
This is the one we chose for her invitation/announcement. I only sent them out to immediate family. It perfectly captures her sweetness and innocence. I just love this girl.
Ella was so excited to have several of her Aunts, Uncles, and cousins from Utah and Texas travel here for the big day. She loves them all so much. She was thrilled that Romey was able to come with Grandma and Grandpa. These two are great buddies.

They are different in so many ways, but so much the same.

The above photo was taken at 1:30am. Paul and I were up late and decided to check on the girls before heading to bed. This is what we found. NO JOKE. They were dead asleep like this. Is that the most precious thing ever? I was so sad they had less than 24 hours together. They sure made the most of it though.

I took this photo of Ella and Paul just as we were walking into the church for the baptism. This really is indicative of their relationship. They have always been so close. I am so grateful for this because I know the influence a good relationship with a father can have.

Of course I made Paul take one of me with the special girl.

Ella and her Dad just before the baptism.
The after party went really well. I decided to make it easy on myself and purchase most of the food instead of prepare it. I did make some cookies in the shape of the number 8. Ella LOVES snickerdooles, so that's what I did.

Here are a few candid pictures of the event.




We feel so blessed that so many family members were there to help us celebrate.

We are so proud of you Ella. We couldn't ask for a better daughter.
Ella was so excited to have several of her Aunts, Uncles, and cousins from Utah and Texas travel here for the big day. She loves them all so much. She was thrilled that Romey was able to come with Grandma and Grandpa. These two are great buddies.

They are different in so many ways, but so much the same.

The above photo was taken at 1:30am. Paul and I were up late and decided to check on the girls before heading to bed. This is what we found. NO JOKE. They were dead asleep like this. Is that the most precious thing ever? I was so sad they had less than 24 hours together. They sure made the most of it though.

I took this photo of Ella and Paul just as we were walking into the church for the baptism. This really is indicative of their relationship. They have always been so close. I am so grateful for this because I know the influence a good relationship with a father can have.

Of course I made Paul take one of me with the special girl.

Ella and her Dad just before the baptism.
The after party went really well. I decided to make it easy on myself and purchase most of the food instead of prepare it. I did make some cookies in the shape of the number 8. Ella LOVES snickerdooles, so that's what I did.

Here are a few candid pictures of the event.




We feel so blessed that so many family members were there to help us celebrate.

We are so proud of you Ella. We couldn't ask for a better daughter.













14 comments:
She looked beautiful...what a special day!
And...your renovations look incredible! Good job!
What a beautiful day! So proud of Ella!
What gorgeous photos of Ella! You did a fabulous job-I hope you are going to Shawni's class next week - I seriously thought about hopping a flight!
Looks like you had a great weekend full of fun. Congrats beautiful Ella!
I had no idea you were such a talented photographer! Sounds like the day was perfect. I'm sure she will hold it in her memory for always.
Congratulations on such a special day!
Kara,
These are the most beautiful baptism photos I have EVER seen....really amazing. What a beautiful sweet little girl. Congratulations on a wonderful day!
What a great day that was! It was so fun to be able to share in the festivities. That Ella is so lucky to have such a great mom to make it so special for her.
what a sweet girl Ella looks like. her white dress is just too perfect. I love all the pictures and think you did a great job. I also loved the cookies shaped in an 8. I will have to remember that one.
p.s. love the new room make over as well.
What a pretty girl. Your photos look amazing to me. Sounds like a wonderful, amazing day.
Oh, you know your always going to cherish these photos. They are perfect! What an awesome backyard. I actually hope one day Romey will take some pictures in her baptism dress. It's still a touchy subject. I'm glad everything went so well. I'm dying over the photo of Ella and Romey. I have to snag a copy from you. Romey's expression is so her and it captured her eyes how I always see them. I'm so glad that she got to go down. That picture with the two of them, sleeping holding hands, is priceless.
You really went all out and definatley created some special and long lasting memories. You and Paul are great examples of wonderful parents.
Congratulations Ella - sorry we couldn't be there for the big event.
we just had sadie's 8 yr old pics taken in her white dress. she has to wait until Aug 2 due to summer conflicts!! where did you get the "8" cookie cutter?
It looks like such a great day! Thanks for sharing it with us in blog form.
Your pictures are amazing. Maybe you should take some shots for us next time you are in town!
What beautiful pictures!! Sweet Ella. Looks like everything went perfectly!
Post a Comment