I know that from my lack of posting that it looked like we skipped Halloween this year, but we didn't. I am only just now getting to writing about it. I think we had a good Halloween. The highlight was FOR SURE the Ward Halloween Party. We live in an awesome ward and they go all out for this event. There is a family in our ward who has tons of property with horses and the works. They let the party be held there and it is so much fun. They open all their horse stalls and in each one is a different carnival game for the kids. They also have horse rides, chili contest, cake walk, face painting, eating contests, free popcorn and cotton candy. There are even Navajo tacos/scones and drinks for dinner. All of this is provided by the ward...everything is free.
Here we are in our costumes. All the girls are witches, Jack is a power ranger, Max is spider man, and Paul is a ...um...a photographer...that's what he told the kids. Party pooper!
Jack was a natural on the horse. He ended up being a cowboy for the actual Halloween trick or treating after this adventure!
The three orange and black witches!
Here is Max on the horse. He loved this.
Nora should have been a monkey. She would not stop climbing on everything! She loved the horses so much and spent the majority of her time on these gates. It's hard to tell in these pictures just how tiny she is, but it looked hilarious. She can climb ANYTHING! It was so fun to see her have such a ball at this party. I will admit that I thought she was going to make the party hard, but she made me smile the whole time. She really did have a great time.
One more shot of her peering over the gate at the horses. She wasn't afraid AT ALL!! I was a little as you can see from my outstretched hand.
She is just such a sweetheart I could eat her up!!!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
Wow, what an awesome family to open up their house to the whole ward! Sounds like an awesome party! Love the costumes. You look adorable!
Wow, what a great party. I would be tempted to count that as Halloween and forget the rest. Sounds like it has the best of everything. What three cute little witches!
hi kara! i just wanted to say hi and tell you that i couldn't sleep last night and looked at your blog forever! your kids are so cute, and you look so great too! it's fun to see what you're up to, and i'm amazed at how you are able to blog, too!!! ahh. . one day! i miss you, i hope all is well!!!
love, kk
Kara-I love Paul's costume! That is so Matt. I really can't believe how similar they are....at least he came with you. Matt might be tempted to stay at home--j/k! Have a great time in Paris!
Wow! Can I come to that party with you guys next year? It sounds like you guys had a blast. You make a gorgeous witch! And I love Jack's sweet smile in all of these pics. You have got one cute family! (I'm glad we're related! Good genes!) ;)
thanks for all of these great pictures! I miss the 4 of them so much. Are you sure Ella had not stashed candy from when I was there? The three witches were totally beautiful and I can't tell you how much I love little Nora Jayne. Don't let her forget me. It will be a while before I see her..... maybe not till next summer. I doubt whether Colin will take anymore vacations after Paris. How in the world did I convince him to do that one? Love Mary
Okay...I'm way late on leaving a comment on the "Halloween" post, but I had to anyway. YOU are the most adorable witch ever!
{sigh.}
When I grow up I wanna be just like you.
Post a Comment