Sometimes I will randomly take pictures with the thought of a post in my head. I have had so many of these the last couple of months that have never made it to the blog. So, I've decided to do a quick roundup so that I feel like there is one more thing I can check off my list! Here it goes:

This is the position I found Nora in a couple of weeks ago as she was watching this...

High School Musical 2. She is OBSESSED! It cracks me up because she was never interested in the TV at all. So, I now know what to do if I need 10 minutes of time to not be watching her every second. Does that mean I am using the TV as a babysitter? I will admit YES! I promise I only get about 10-15 minutes out of it, but sometimes that is all I need to load/unload the dishwasher without her "helping", or to make a phone call etc. I'm sure you understand.

This is the table I set for Halloween morning. I was feeling bad that I didn't do all sorts of fun parties and things for my kids, but Paul and I had decided that breakfast of a holiday would always be a celebration. Thanks to Grandma Mary for the darling plates and place mats. I found the chair covers at Target, and the cute centerpiece items I moved from my holiday table pictured here...

A friend helped me put this together and I LOVE IT! Paul is not a big fan of too much decor so I thought the idea of a holiday table in the entry way was a good compromise.

What is up with this? I have seen so much of this lately. No, it's not Halloween in this picture. I actually took this while on a field trip to a farm with Jack's class of which I will post about later. I saw a boy with a similar style while with Ella on her field trip to the Wildlife World Zoo. All I can think is that kids have become more of an accessory to parents these days. I think it's more about the parents need for attention than anything. In order to not offend the masses I will qualify that I don't put the "faux-hawk" in the same category as this, as it can be actually quite adorable if not done too over the top! Okay, I better stop typing right now before some of you decide to hate me...but wait...it's my blog and I can say what I want right?

While outside in the front yard one day I looked at the tree and thought..."oh, we have a nest." So, as I sauntered over and looked up into the tree I saw that it wasn't quite the nest I expected!

Yes, this was ALL BEES!! My cousin was there and told me that if you leave them alone that they usually leave on their own within 48 hours. I called the exterminators just in case and they told me the same thing. It ended up being more like four or five days, but all of the sudden they were gone! To be honest it didn't make me very nervous, and I stood there and watched them for a few minutes each day. I am glad that they are gone though.

Sorry for those of you with a weak stomach, but yes, this is my hair on the wall of my shower. I don't know what is going on with me. I always lose a lot of hair starting about 3 months after having my babies, but then it stops after about a year. This might have to do with the fact that I had always been pregnant again at that point. So, now that Nora is almost 20 months old and the shedding has not let up at all...I am a little nervous! I paste it on the wall in an attempt to save the drains and then clean it up after the shower. Anyone have any ideas/advice?

This is a picture of all the yummy goodness that Sally brought me on her brief visit a couple of weeks ago. It was a great sampling of some of her Trader Joe's favorites! Thanks again Sally.

I should do this more. My kids LOVE to "help", and I'm not very good at relaxing and letting them. This was one of those days that I did, and I'm so happy for it.

These are the fun little goodies that Grandma Mary sent for Halloween. The kids loved it. Thanks GrandMary!!

Nora seriously LOVES shoes, and here are her new ones! Okay, so they were new two months ago, but I explained how I was behind. She was so proud of these and wanted them on all the time. She owns these and two pair of crocs. I love the mary jane crocs, but every Sunday I realize that she might need to expand her shoe wardrobe to include something more appropriate.

Last but not least, this is the scorpion we found in the house! You may think I was freaking out, but to be honest, they don't really scare me anymore. NO, our house is not full of scorpions, but I have seen a handful
outside our house since we moved here last year. After finding the first two I seriously had a hard time picking up anything that had been on the ground out there, or anything that they could have crawled in. I've gotten over that, and now I just crush them and throw them away. I may actually try to get the black light out and go scorpion hunting one of these nights. It will either freak me out by how many I find, or it will make me feel better knowing that I've killed a good number of them. I'll post on it if I do.
I hope I didn't just scare off any potential visitors because I REALLY WANT YOU TO COME!!
19 comments:
I think the hairballs on the wall deserved their own post.
Cute baby Nora, darling Halloween stuff, and creepy scorpion. Maybe you could start freezing them and using them for halloween next year.
I love that you put your hair on the shower wall. I do that and throw it in the trash when I am done, but sometimes forget and it drives my husband CRAZY. Right now I have handfuls because Henry is 4 months and it just started falling out. So sad!
And the scorpion freaks me out. I would have problems with that one!
That picture of Nora just made my day. What a cutie!
You are braver than I am about scorpions. Whenever I sleep at Brit's parents' house in AZ I shake out all the sheet and tuck in the dust ruffle so no scorpions can get in bed with me. I'm afraid of the sting, but I'm more afraid of the ugly. Ew!
What a post! Okay first, what an awesome halloween table and breakfast table, how fun! Second, if your hair continues to fall out a lot it could indicate health problems you might want to tell your dr. (did you know I'm a cosmetologist?) could be vitamins, thyroid, or just plain stress! And I am very familiar with scorpions since I lived in TX for 13 years and we found them inside all the time! Not fun little creatures.
Oh I forgot to add, check out my blog I tagged you! Hope you don't mind, of course you don't have to do it.
Love all of the pictures. Nora is about the CUTEST thing I have seen. I love the way she is sitting! Your Halloween table is so fun! I didn't see those chair backers at Target- love them.
My fav photo is of the Bees! Too cool. I actually really like bees and think they are quite amazing.
i am loving all of the fun pictures. i have a million pictures that i need to do this with. go check out my blog for some good mohawks. :)
I love the Halloween stuff and I can't believe you just don't let the drain take the hair (that's how not careful I am) and very cute apron in the helpful kids picture!
Scorpions are yet another reason why I don't do hot climates well. I'll stick to the rainy northwest!
Anyway, I lose my hair like crazy and I totally paste it on the shower wall. I thought that surely I was the only one in the whole world who did that. The best, though, is when I forget to throw it away after my shower and my husband walks into the shower and is like, "Whoa".
Love your breakfast table...I'm sure the kids thought it was so fun. We haven't seen a picture of Nora lately..she is darling and looks so "little lady".
Good luck with the stinging things...Hayden would LOVE to find a real scorpion...he talks about them all the time....me not so much.
I love your apron!! I think I would die if there were scorpions in my house!
Ok, I feel like a snoop cuz I check out your blog every now and then and never leave a comment! I always love reading what you have to say and have started a "must read" list in part because of you! I also have to admit that I sometimes leave your blog feeling like a loser cuz I don't do all of the great things you do! :] I do try to save my drains, though, and was laughing when I saw your picture! Tyson turns one next week and I keep waiting for the hairloss to STOP or at least slow down...I seriously have so much regrowth that it is hard to do my hair...at least i can see that some of it is growing back, but I am a little worried still...On another note, I was reading your other post down at the bottom about feeling 'blah' and i just wonder how we can be feeling that way at the same time and not even know it! I know its only normal to have down times, but its so easy to look at everyone else and somehow think they don't! I guess I also assume everyone else has close friends from church:] I have plenty of acquaintances and I absolutely LOVE every one of them, I just don't feel close to anyone but my sis.--and Mac is sooo tired of me wanting to just move and start over :] As if it will magically be different somewhere else! I totally go through phases...I want to leave...no, we should stay...Its comical and I guess its good the housing market is so bad cuz I've (kind-of) stopped looking for a new house :] I will say, before you get worried, that most of the time I am perfectly happy!!(which is why I'm still here!) I just have this dream of being really close to other families in the ward...maybe someday! :] Anyway, if you ever want to get out and leave your chores and messes for later, come to my messy house and hang out! (ps sorry for the novel, maybe i'll just call you next time!)
Oh, that Halloween table is LUSCIOUS!!! You've got talent, girl. And the entry table is divine, too.
Are you sure the bees were not part of your decor? Or the hair, for that matter?...pretty halloween-ishly scary! (hair grosses me out; i can't even pick my OWN hair out of the drain without gagging) I am also suspicious that you planted the scorpion as halloween decor. Are you sensing a theme here?.... ;)
What a great sampling of pics! I totally have the hair problem too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. (and I put it on my shower wall too!) My regrowth is ridiculous. And I love Nora! What a cutie. I don't think you should feel guilty about using TV for a babysitter because if you do, then I am even guiltier! (is that a word?) I have to otherwise there would be no other way for me to work from home. And I love your Holiday breakfast tradition. What a great idea!
Hey,
I got to your blog from my good friend Sarah (Stohl) Blamires. Our husbands went to Dental School together, and now they are both doing Oral Surgery Residencies. We are in Iowa and my husband is his third year. Anyway my husband Jason is meeting with your husbands group a week after next, he has been emailing back and forth with Bradley Porter. It sounds like your husband won't be there the day they have lunch, Anyway we want to end up in AZ and wondered how you like it.
I am also friends with other people you know we met them here in Iowa. Becky Rowley (I know her as Rebecca Canon) and Tom Cannon. I am also friends with Cameron Stewart who probably has older siblings that you know.
Sorry so long of a comment. I love your blog especially how real you are. I would post something like my hair in the shower I love it. Jason always get on me because I forget to throw it out when I am done showering.
Tell me life gets better after the whole Residency thing? I am soooo done with it and can't wait for Jason to get done and to start working.
By the way my name is Jen Chandler.
I would love for you to email me about AZ.
Jchandler5@gmail.com
i can't thank you enough for posting the hair pic......my husband was starting to think i was the only one who does this!!!!!
O.k. Kara was this a blog to stop your mother in law from coming to visit. Scorpions are one of the top of my fear list. As a little girl traveling to Utah from California every year, my Mom would go into all the bathrooms and search them carefully, even lifting the toliet lids before I was allowed to enter because after all, she would say, you could die from one of those little creepy things - scorpions! I would have nightmares about them. Sorry I love my grandchildren too much to stay away (hee-hee) Love Mary
What a little lady little Nora Jayne. She's so cute and growing too fast. Is 10 min. your limit? As long as mine are content, I'm content. I'm sure it won't be too long before my kids are fluent in Spanish due to Dora and Diego and they have a great sense of teamwork taught by the Wonder Pets. They help each other everyday to make a huge mess for me.
Your tables look darling!
I'm kind of O.K. with the kids haircut, but I'm sure your not too surprised coming from me. I appreciate a little fashion edge.
I'm glad the bees weren't too big of a problem. I've had a bee's nest outside my bedroom window for two summers now. I've had them sprayed and they return every year.
I fixed my hair problem by a hair cut. I think I lose the same amount, but it's just less noticeable. Poor Ryan has to put up with my hair loss too. My sister Debbie wrote in a little advice book Jen Owen made for me at one of by bridal showers to invest in a bottle of Drano. He was warned. I’m not suggesting a hair cut for you though, you look so cute with your long hair.
We are both so lucky to have such a thoughtful MIL that truly loves our kids and is always thinking about them.
Very cute shoes!
That scorpion is really yucky! I wouldn't handle that very well.
Love the shoes, love the cute kids, love the Halloween breakfast, love it all! =)
Post a Comment