Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuesday Tell All - Movie Madness

YES! I did not skip the TTA this week! I have listed way too many movies here, and they are in no particular order. I really like movies and these are several that I could watch over and over again. Sorry about all the big spaces in between. I still have not mastered the layout in blogger!

I love the original of this movie, but after seeing this version I don't think I could ever go back. Johnny Depp is genius, and the writing is so witty. The colors and art direction are very eye pleasing, and I love how over the top all the characters are.








Who doesn't love Chris Farley? Okay, he can get old, but this show is a perfect balance in my opinion. There are SO many good one liners that I use often. If you haven't see it and need a good laugh, this is a winner! Maybe I should watch it because I'm still in the land of needing a good laugh.













I would need way too much time to tell all the reasons I love this show. It might possibly be my favorite. Hard to say that because it is in a category all it's own. The writing/humor is unmatched and I absolutely LOVE every character. The music rocks and I listen the the soundtrack often.













Okay, so the BBC/A&E version is the best, but who can watch 6 hours of this very often? I think this is a fabulous version and again the music is to die for. I've been watching/listening to this too much lately and has not helped me get out of my funk!












I must admit that I get a little perturbed when I hear of someone who has never seen this show. I know it annoys native Austrians, but it is an absolute classic and I could watch it over and over again. I'm so glad my kids prefer musicals because they are my favorites.













I am not ashamed to admit that I LOVE this movie. I love the colors, music (of course) and the tragedy. Okay I don't love that the tragedy happened, I just love how it makes me think.















This is one that I'm not sure many people of my generation are familiar with, but is SO WORTH THE RENTAL!!! My mom is a big fan of old/classic movies and I grew up watching this over and over. I SO WISH I lived in that era. I love the fashion and music, etc. Another Julie Andrews classic.












I just realized that I uploaded a movie poster in a different language! If your not sure what movie this is it's Back to the Future! Yes, it's a big Hollywood blockbuster, but who doesn't know almost EVERY line from this one. It was groundbreaking at the time and I still love it.












I know this doesn't seem like a typical movie "favorite", but it is one I never get sick of seeing. The power of this movie is so moving, and again the music is superb. If all men of the world today had an ounce of the courage and conviction of William Wallace, the world would be light years ahead. I'm not a fan of gratuitous violence in movies, but I will defend the necessity of the violence in this one. I don't necessarily like to watch violence, but just as disturbing things in some books are key, so I feel is this.









This is the single best sports movie ever. Enough said.

















Besides the obvious eye candy, this movie is so COOL I could die. The mood it sets with the music, characters, and subtlety is great. I watch this one often. In my humble opinion 12 and 13 aren't as good, but I like them too.

There are so many others I could mention, but my basic requirements are smart/witty writing, believable and/or flawed characters, and a great soundtrack. I look forward to see what everyone else's favorites are. Happy Tuesday!

15 comments:

Wendi said...

Love your list--I agree that the old version of p&p is better, but like you said, if you don't have 6 hours, the new on is good too.

I guess I need to go rent Thoroughly Modern Millie. I haven't seen it, and I am such a Julie Andrews fan.

And Sound of Music is one we keep in the car we love it so much.

Celia Fae said...

Thank you for recognizing the true genius that is Tommy Boy. Those guys aren't much to look at, but they make me laugh too!

Erika said...

I didn't know you were a fellow TMM (Thoroughly Modern Millie) fan. One of my ALL time faves. I've got the VHS version if you're ever up for a watch ;-)

Sorefam said...

Tommy Boy is a classic....I think we quote it on a weekly basis in our house. And actually Chris Farley went to the same high school as Matt but got kicked out (private school) for streaking! Shocking, I know! I also love Braveheart and Gladiator.....if you like these movies, you've got to see Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe and Rene Zellwiger. It's one of my new favs and actually a great family movie....very clean! I love that you liked Back to the Future----i'll never forget the 'flux capacitor'!!!

Tiffany said...

Had no idea that Julie Andrews played Thoroughly Modern Millie -- way before the broadway production. I loved the stage production -- I'll definitely have to rent the movie.

And, I somehow find time to watch the 6 hour P&P (usually on vacation) -- and if I don't have time, I just see my favorite parts -- (see my TTA)

Tiffany said...

Oh - and thanks for the Willie Wonka suggestion. I still haven't seen it. I'm seeing a Johnny Depp thread . . . he hooked me in Pirates for sure. I couldn't get enough of him!

Marcie said...

I also love Willie Wonka, although the new OOmpa Loompas aren't as cute as the old ones. Great list!

Karen said...

My favorite movie is Back to The Future, I love it, I could watch it over and over again

RoRo2 said...

Okay how could I have not put Ocean's Eleven on my blog? that is my second favorite movie to Mulan!!!!! I love it! And Also all the Back to the Futures, reminds me of when I was a kid, I loved his Toyota truck and actually did own one like that at one time.

I think you made a great list and it wasn't long at all!

Nichols Family said...

The first time I watched the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I didn't really like it that much. But we own it and the boys watch it 20 times a day and now I LOVE it! The more I watch it the more I appreciate the acting.

Jessica said...

I love Tommy so much, too, and though a fan of musicals, I haven't seen Thoroughly Modern Millie, so I'll have to try that one out (when Ryan isn't around, becuase he is not a fan.)

Unknown said...

I totally agree with your movies (except I'm so sorry, but the Sound of Music isn't one of my favs)

Anyway, you have to add "Center Stage", "Zoolander", and to the best sports movie category "The Rookie" and you got yourself a complete list there!

Oh wait, here's another one of my favs - Bourne Identity and National Treasure.

Amz said...

These are all great! How do you get your topic for Tuesday Tell All? Do you just come up with it yourself? Or are there others that are doing the same theme?

Anonymous said...

Where do you get your TTA topics? Just curious...Oh, I just realized the person before me asked the same question! LOL

kara jayne said...

On my sidebar I have a link to the Tuesday Tell All. If you can't see it just click on Marcie and email her. She is the TTA guru!