I just found out that I didn't get a spot in the St. George Marathon. I am actually really bummed about it. I also feel really bad for all the people I convinced to join in a group with me. Not that it really is my fault that we didn't get in, but somehow I feel responsible. Maybe next year. Anyone up for the PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon in Phoenix in January?
Thursday, May 15, 2008
BUMMER
Posted by kara jayne at 8:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
Boo! I didn't realize the St. G could be so competitive. Well, they won't have as much fun without you!
I think it's hilarious that pf chang's is putting on a marathon. Eating at pf's doesn't seem compatible with marathoning. Maybe I only say that because I'm a lot better at eating than running, myself.
DANG. I was hoping to run into you!!
Get it "run"...
I don't run, so it isn't that funny I guess..
I am sorry you didn't get in. My friend didn't either, but she ran two races which gave her an automatic in anyway. (I am not sure how it works...) I think anyone who even THINKS about running a marathon is amazing.
I'm sooo sorry you didn't get in!!! Hopefully next year...
Hi Kara -- it's Megan (friend of Angie B's) I am running the Ogden tomorrow. YIKES.:) My first one. We trained for the Rock N Roll in Phoenix two years ago -- but life got in the way and we never made it down to run it. I think it would be GREAT!
Sorry you didn't get into St. George. I know that one is really competitive. Hopefully next year!:)
Darn for you! Though, just think of all the really hot long runs you will be able to avoid this summer! I really wanted to do the pf chang 1/2 marathon (sorry, I'm a weeny) but it is on Sunday...and thus far I haven't let myself run on Sunday. It's the only day that I feel ABSOLUTELY NO GUILT for not working out!
My husband didn't get in for a couple of years. He had to buy a spot on ebay, donate to a good cause or something. This year he got in. Sorry you didn't!
SUCH A BUMMER- I don't know anyone who got in! I actually missed the deadline (long story)....so I didn't even have a shot. But I have a bunch of different friends who didn't get in- I didn't find out that they even registered 'til after. Oh well....I guess next year?? I want to do a Rock & Roll Marathon but I'm not sure about AZ in Jan. Right after Christmas?
After Blogapalooza Bridget inspired me....I think I'm gonna do a triathlon. Ever done one?
OH and I have pics for you from BP- I've just been having camera issues. One of you and Celia & you and Ashli. They're cute! I'll try to email them to you asap.
I always wanted to do the PF Chengs one. Good for you. Do it and tell me about it!
Post a Comment