Wednesday, April 11, 2007

This is going to be dangerous

Okay, so now I can't turn off my brain. All I keep thinking about is blogging. I write posts in my head constantly. I'm also trying to figure out if I can create a poll on my sidebar and let you guys help me with decisions, (or just give good advice). Wouldn't that be great? There are so many things I want to document just for myself, and I don't have the time or computer/typing skills to get it all on here. So, you may see several posts/changes a day until I get through this inital "honeymoon" stage!

Anyway, I need some major help on a camera. I HATE mine and therefore I never take pictures. It's really sad, and I want to catch all the funny cute things my kids are doing. I want something that takes a good quality picture, but all I have to do is push the button. I can't stand red-eye, and the thing I hate most about mine is that you have to wait about 20 sec between pics. Anyway, any advice would be much appreciated. (Small enough to carry around in my purse would be good too!)

Quick aside...my grammar and spelling are horrible and I know it. Just chalk it up to one of my many flaws. Funny how secretly I wish I was a great writer!

Well, I am going to post a couple of great pics of the kids (of course). They always make me laugh. They say the funniest things too, so get ready to hear a lot of those on future posts.


Ella and Jack on top of my Dad (Stuart)! I LOVE this picture.


If any picture could top the last one it would be this one! As kids we always walked on my Dad's back, so I love that my kids love to do it. Somehow we caught Jack jumping off at just the right moment.



This is a really old picture of Nora Jayne, but has always been one of my favorites, so I had to share!


See, Arizona really can be beautiful...even in the winter. This was in February. Of course, Max had to have his sword. These Boys!!!

Ella and Jack in front of my favorite Cactus.

9 comments:

everything pink! said...

blog printing. do a google search but blurb.com seems to be the best, although i am looking for other options, you can only print 40 pages at a time

spt. click lelly on my sidebar the challenge comes out on fridays to do each tuesday. email her and tell you are signing up.

camera, check the one you have if you can turn the flash off or lower the flash settings. i use nikon for my purse on and large one.

for your side bar you can do almost anything you can wrap your head around. just put your idea in the google search bar and you will be amazed at what comes up
if you see it right click on on their blog and do view page source and it will code it for you

Marcie said...

No, my kids are not always cute and matching.....okay, almost all of the time they are matching. I kindoff have a problem with it, there is just something about looking at all of them and they all go together that makes me happy and content...wierd, but true.

I couldn't sleep last night because I was writing blogs in my head also.

FYI when you click on the Marcie link on your blog it sends you to some other blog that is interesting......but not mine.

There are pictures of tools next to each of my sidebar items. Do you know how to get rid of them?

Marcie said...

Oops, forgot a question. Yes, Utah. Saratoga Springs. I actually am coming to Scottsdale this weekend with just my sister-in-laws for pool, shopping and uniterrupted sleep. I am surprised myself by how excited I am.

ashli said...

Kara-
So glad you stumbled on my blog. Like you, I became obsessed with the blogging world and the lives that other people live. Matt makes fun of me all the time, when I tell him he needs to see some strangers blog. It must be a girl thing... The 'honeymoom' phase wears off and then it just becomes a fun outlet for all of us moms who need to vent and express. It is so fun. I am going to add your blog to the ones I browse if you don't mind. It is just nice to know that we are not the only ones who think the things we do and live the lives we live when it comes to motherhood.
Your kids are darling and if they are any thing like their cute cousins they are so fun. We love Sam and Henry around here and Sarah plays with Gwenny every now and again. Brad and Heather are so great and I do feel lucky to call them friends.
We will be blogging ya later....
ashli storheim

Elizabeth said...

I love my Canon powershot from Costco. And if anything breaks I just take it back and they give me a new one.
Welcome to the blogging world.

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Doodle Bugs said...

welcome to the blogging world :o) you family is truly beautiful!!
Kacey

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! Jess and I were talking at Bible study yesterday about how much we loved it and thought it would be such a great idea for all of us to start one. However, I'm a bit short on time right now (and sleep) so mine will have to wait a few months.....or maybe weeks b/c I would love to get one going but I'm afraid that I, like you, would get addicted and not get anything else done. Love the pics of the kids and am jealous of your great weather....we had snow here the past few days. Miss you lots and looking forward to more postings from you! Hopefully i'll get one up and running soon,
Kristin

Marcie said...

Thank you, actually today Mcdonalds was dinner on the go and we scored a witch (the boys are still angry that one of them had to get a girl toy instead of a ninja turtle).

I want to request that you post any and all of your latest sewing projects. I used to hear through the grape vine what incredible things you had in the works.

Marcie