Friday, April 6, 2007

DIVE RIGHT IN

I guess I better just dive in and not think too much about this. I have been trying for a few days to learn about blogging and how to do it ALL before I even start, but between the kids, the house and Easter I haven't learned much! Anyway, welcome to our family blog - (AKA Kara's blog that will inform you on the whole family)! Hopefully Paul will post every once in a while.

I have been doing random Family updates through email the past 7 years and figure this is a much better idea. This way I only have to force our lives on those who care enough to visit the blog. Also, I am hoping for this to become a good scrapbook/journal for our family since I am no good at either one. Unfortunately for many of you who will visit, I will probably write a lot and often. I hope any of you who visit the blog will also post comments and let me know if you have blogs, or just let me know what you are up to!

Well, that is about it for my first post, but I do want to send out a plea to those who are old pros at blogging. "HELP" I would love it if anyone had some time and could call and walk me through any of the tricks of linking, posting pictures, and adding blogging buddy lists to my blog. Thanks for visiting and hopefully it will be more interesting in the future!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah Kara! I am so glad that you posted! I have been checking every day. I will give you a call this week to try to talk you through a few things, although it looks like you have figured a lot out on your own! I am still learning too-but it always takes a start! Enjoy your Easter!

everything pink! said...

Kara,

WElcome!

take the blogging one day at a time. if you saw my blog the first 6 months it looks nothing like mine does now.

Amy M on my sidebar has a great tutorial for doing a custom header.

you can get free blog skins all over the internet. that is what my template is, i did nothing but cut and paste into my template.

i use smugmug to store all my photos and upload them from there. picasa is free but I LOVE smugmug. it is faster to upload your photo from the web than from the computer.

anything you see on a blog and you wonder how they did it, select it, right click and hit selection source and it will give you the code of how they made it to put in your blog. that may not make any sense so come back and read this in a few months.

Under View on your top of your comoputer there is a tab called page source, it will give you any blog entire template or website for that matter, again come back and read this later if it does not make sense.

you know you can have your blog printed, so it is like scrapbooking all the way.

Welcome and blog on!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara,
Your kids are so cute! We also have enjoyed Arizona in the Winter and now in Spring. Your blog looks great! Take care.
Amy Price

Anonymous said...

Love the blog, Kara! Keep it coming.

Jamie said...

No advice, even though I've been blogging for a year. I need to get rid of the kids for a week and figure out how to do more stuff. Congratulations on starting, though!

MaryClaire Brown said...

welcome to the world of blogging. i love how in one of your posts you mentioned that it was to reliev you of your scrapbooking that you no longer do. that was totally one of the reasons i started mine. especially when i found out there was a company that will turn your blog into a book for you. i'll get you that website. i love it, and i'm excited to check it regularly. you can see mine (it's nothing super impressive...but parker is super cute!) at http://maryclairebrown.blogspot.com

love you!
maryclaire

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,
I saw your link on Karen's blog. It's been awhile. Ellas looks like you. I remember when she was born and now look at her. I love blogs because you can keep up with friends and family.

Susi Feltch-Oliv'e