Okay, so I keep trying to think about what to post, and how to be witty and creative. It has meant that I think about it and never do it. I will come to grips with the fact that I am not half as fascinating or clever as any of the other blogs that I have been pouring over. So, here I am... take it or leave it. It's funny though, because I have always prided myself on the fact that I have never been one who tries to impress, keep-up, or compare myself with others. This blogging world that I have found has exposed some of my insecurities.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, I have been checking out lots of different blogs the past week or so. I'll go on some of my friends blogs and click on the links to their friends blogs, and their friends and so on to see how people set theirs up. In so doing I have seen how many amazing, creative, funny, down to earth, good people there are. Of course this is a good thing and it inspires me, but it also makes me realize all the things I should/could be doing as a Mom/individual. I had to shake myself a bit this morning after reading all the Easter posts and all the fabulous traditions and activities everyone was involved in. I just have to remind myself that between the 10 blogs I read, each family does it's own thing, and they were not each doing it all.
I was feeling a bit guilty about our very sparse Easter activities. I'll post some pics of the cute kids. Of course we could never get them all together for a good Easter Sunday picture, but isn't that life? We did some egg coloring, an egg hunt, baskets, and told them the real reason for Easter, but it just didn't seem as "special" as all the other peoples I read about. Okay enough of my pity party.
I must warn you now at the end of this post that I will probably be posting almost daily once I figure this all out. I always have so many thoughts and emotions running through my head, and now I will have a way to get them out. PLEASE, PLEASE, leave comments for me. I still find myself feeling a bit lonely even though we now live closer to family, and comments will make me feel like we are all closer. By the way, my brother Dave and his wife Natalie (who we now live close to) are some of the best people I know. I don't know what I would do without them. Someone once told me when I was little and Dave and I fought a lot, "you guys will be best friends some day." They were right. And it doesn't hurt that his wife is someone that I would call a best friend even if she wasn't married to Dave. Thanks guys! Happy Spring!!
Beautiful Ella! She is an absolute sweetheart!
Hey! At least we got three, all together, looking forward!
And here is number four (Nora) trying to make a break for it!
Sweet Jack and Silly Max!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Exposing Insecurities ... don't worry...I'll get over it!
Posted by kara jayne at 10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
I saw you began a blog through Julie's page and thought I would peek in and see how yours is going. I only began two weeks ago myself and still really have no idea how it all works.
Sally just called and I let her know you are up and blogging so I'm sure she'll be checking in on yours as well. Your family is beautiful!
Welcome to the blogging world! You're kids are so cute- I can't believe how much they have grown up...and how much they look like the both of you! What a hoot! It will be so fun to keep in touch in this crazy world of blogging! Love ya!
Your family is SO beautiful! I miss you guys! Thanks for starting a blog so I can keep up with how fast your family grows!
Amy
thanks for your comment on my blog someday if you are in D.C. just knock on my door and you will see my house is a mess, so I may have been crafting all day, but i don't keep a super clean house and i am a horrible cook. so when you see all the blogging world just think you can't see their bathrooms. although Jill keeps a great clean house.
i was looking at last year photos of easter and thought how did i have time to do all that stuff. this year it seemed like i didn't do everything i wanted to do and that's the way it goes, you don't have to do something every year for it to be a tradition.
don't get overwhelmed and if your mind is racing about blog posts, than you are in the right place. you will love it.
Kara, I think you are awesome! Would that I would have had half your talent as a young Mom. Thanks for being the biggest support and fan of Paul's through the tough years of school and training. Thanks for loving your kids with all of your heart. They are amazing and I love them! Just one word that has helped me through the years. Never give up! It is all worth it and what memories you are building. Family, it is what it is all about!!! Love Mary
yay! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging club! It will be so fun to keep updated on you and Paul and your cute kids. I love the Easter pics!
What do you mean you aren't creative enough? Very creative website! By the way our new blog site is www.kbmatsen.blogspot.com ...we can't get into our other blog...somehow we erased it. Can you believe Jennie and Trent are moving back to AZ? Love, Karen
Welcome to the blogging world.
I found you through Kristi's comments.
I consider myself an AZ native...and love it, even though I've lived here in NM for 4 years now.
Don't compare yourself to others (especially their blogs).
I was just thinking the other day how "pretty" it all looks when I get to edit out some of the "reality".
Just enjoy!
Post a Comment