Yes, it's my birthday...and I'll give if I want too! Got this great idea (and most of the witty wording) from my fab friend Jenny. So, I figured today was a perfect day for me to give gifts. Giving is always so much more fun that receiving.
The deal:
The first 5 people to respond to this post will receive something made by me. To you! It will be my choice and made especially for you. Just so we’re on the same page, here are . . .
The details:
No guarantees you will feel absolute true love, but possibly happiness, fervor, or chocolate.
What I create will be just for you.
It will be done sometime this year.
You have no clue what it will be… it may be a story. Maybe poetry. (Pray it's not either of those.) I may draw or paint something (that too may be scary). It will most likely be a piece of jewelry, or something involving fabric. But I may bake something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you! That’s for sure.
I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.
The fine print (which is actually the same size, but whatever):
You must re-post this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same on their blog. When you get your lovely homemade goods from me, post a picture on your blog so I know my love arrived without a hitch.
Before you type in your name I think that you should know a few things.
#1. Do I care if you actually follow the rules? No...but Karma will.
#2. Do I care if we know each other? No, but you will be subject to my taste!
#3. I love this idea.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Happy B-day to me...and apparently...to YOU!!
Posted by kara jayne at 1:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









28 comments:
Kara,
You don't need to send me anything! I just love that we have reconnected through our blogs!
Happy Birthday!
Chris
Yeah! I am one of the lucky ones up early on the east coast. Cute idea. Happy Birthday Kara, sure love you.
i'm a lucky east coast girl too. did this on my blog a few weeks ago and was so fun. happy b-day! make it a good one.
Happy Birthday Kara! I'm glad I have been wasing time online this morning rather than trying to drag my kids out of bed. Hope you have a great day!
Happy Birthday!
Okay, so I only wrote happy birthday and nothing else because I was afraid if I spent more time typing, someone else would beat me to the punch and get the coveted #5 spot. Then I felt lame when I read Chris' comment about not having to get anything. Here I was racing to get the present when it's YOUR birthday!
So, here's my do-over. Happy Happy Birthday, Kara! Now you need to tell the story of the day YOU were born. Those make the best stories. Have your Mom be a guest blogger for the day.
Happy Birthday!
Hope you have a great day Kara! This birthday idea is a good one! Your are so kind.
Happy Birthday cutie pie! Hope your day is great! HUGS!
Happy Birthday Kara Jayne. I hope this year is a magical one for you.
Happy happy birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Every year that I have known you I have learned something from you. You are a good person and a great friend.
Love you.
I hope your day is fantabulous! Happy Birthday!
I popped over to wish you Happy Birthday and you beat me to the punch.
I hope you are doing something today just for yourself... you deserve it.
Happy Birthday Kara!
I hope it is filled with love and special surprises.
Happy Birthday Kara!!
Hope your day is really special...and you are so thoughtful to be thinking of others on "YOUR" Day!
Love, Karen
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!!!!
Last night I went out to the mailbox only to find the cutest necklace! OH how I lOVE it!!!
Thanks you SO much! I am going to pay it forward when we get back from vacation!
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday!! :)
See you at WC, right??
Happy Happy Day! I might have to post this even though I wasn't one of the 5. I need some Karma.
happy birthday kara!
it has been so fun to reconnect with you through your fun blog and the 12th ward/sister connection.
so glad i get to see you and your cute kids in passing and then read about them here at the crazy good life.
thanks for sharing yourself with us! truly inspiring!
Kara you are so sweet. Always thinking of others. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great one!
Happy Birthday Kara! We are having birthday bonanzas here as well...Marc's was the 1st and Josh's is also today. I hope you are having a happy day!
Wow! I wish I had your birthday attitude. Sadly, I just want to have my tooshi pampered on my day!
Hope you have a fabulous Day. You deserve it. Loved out chat yesterday and look forward to next week!
crap...i'm too late.
Happy Birthday!!!
dang I missed it - but hope you had a happy b-day!
Happy birthday! To bad I am behind on reading. I love things made by you.
i know i didn't make it, but i really want to wish you a very very happy birthday. you're amazing!
WHAT?!!!! 25 comments already.....I am at first disapointed, because this means you won't be making me anything, and oh, how I love your stuff, girl! But, really, that doesn't matter one single bit. I am just so glad you have 25 people before me who care about you and wanted to wish you a HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I really do hope your day is great and you know how wonderful you are, Kara Jayne!
Loves.......
Kristi
Well, I'm way too freakin late...how about the LAST 5 people!
Anyways, happy birthday cute girl!
So, I got the best present of all...having you to myself for a lunch date, and of course having you as my daughter for always. You continue to be such a delight, Kara, not just to me, but to all who know you. I'm so (can I humbly say the word...) "proud" of you...and extremely grateful for you. Happy, happy Birthday!
Love more than all the numbers, Mom
Post a Comment