Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Now THAT'S more like it!

Got this info from my good friend April.


MTV News can confirm that 26-year-old "Scorpion King 2" actor Michael Copon [pronounced "COPE-on"] is one of several actors Weitz is considering to play the new, larger Jacob Black. A representative for Copon told us that they're making a full effort to land the high-profile gig. And in a bit of 21st-century self-publicity, the actor has even recently updated his Facebook status with messages like: "Michael Copon [is] in a Twilight Zone!" and "Michael Copon is the older Jacob Black!"

My thoughts: He is MUCH more what I would have pictured, and I'm liking it...HOWEVER...I wish they could find a genuine Native American to play the role. I'll take it though!!

Don't worry...I am now done with my Twilight posts!!

19 comments:

Marcie said...

Definitely more like the Jacob of my dreams.

Thank heavens.....maybe now I can look forward to New Moon.

Kristi said...

I can see why Bella would fall for him! EYE CANDY!

Lindsey said...

Great minds think alike Kara! I just did this exact post! :)

Melissa P said...

I would rather look at him than the other Jacob. He is much better looking. I hope they go through with that.

Bridget said...

Yeah. He's dreamy. I approve.

♥Shally said...

YES!!

Thank you.

kelly said...

me likey!

Photo Crazy! said...

He is pretty HOT! I agree that they should find a real Native American. I sure there are plenty of talented and handsome ones out there.

heather said...

Come on the Twilight posts are fun and I have to agree that the wig was scary! Let's hope they pick someone better suited for the next movie!

Anonymous said...

I agree....MUCH better!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wooooo-eee! I haven't seen the movie, but he could convince me next time!

queenieweenie said...

Much, MUCH better!

michelle said...

He gets my approval! :)

Lena said...

yeah...a wee bit better looking! Jealous that you got all your presents wrapped last night--how nice! I talked to your hubby for a little bit, it made me miss you! We all need to go out once these crazy (but wonderful) holidays are over!

JDM said...

I thought that I was fine with the other Jacob but this guy is much closer to what I had in mind.
He seems older in a way that even a digitally enhanced Lautner couldn't compete with.
I just hope that they spend more on special effects this time. I hear that the studio said they don't see why they would need to spend much more on New Moon since Twilight did so well. But in my opinion the first film seemed low budget considering the fan base. If they don't plan to make New Moon better I think I'll find it difficult to find the time to go!

Michelle said...

Look at this response to your post! He is much cuter. Now, did I just read that you have all of your presents wrapped? I'm so jealous. I dread the Christmas eve wrapping until late, very late, as much as anything. I enjoy your comments on our blog:).

Hilary said...

I was so happy to read this!! Thanks for the 411!

Sally said...

Sure hope they pull the trigger and cast this one...it's the only hope for making something out of book #2. If they keep the old jacob I'm boycotting!

Kristi said...

Hello Michael and thank you Weitz!!! :) I love that you post about Twilight and your opinion...right on sister :)