I knew if I was going to do this tie dye party and have it go well, that I better practice. First of all there is this GREAT company called Dharma Trading Co. and it is such a find for those who are into embroidery, screen printing, dyeing, and other crafty things. It has an unbelievable collection of all white items (onesies, t-shirts, hats, bags, dresses, swimsuits, shorts, etc.) that are ready for you to embellish. Just click the name above to link to the website. Anyway, they have complete tie dye kits with instructions. Mine came of Friday, so Saturday was our day to experiment while Paul had work commitments. Here is the end result.

I did a swimsuit for Ella so she could wear it to the party. It turned out so great and if fits her perfectly! Not bad for $8. 
The kids all wanted to wear them immediately. I am SO GLAD that I did this little practice run. I am going to have to do a lot of prep work so that the kids can just come and have fun! I think I am even going to have them pre-tied. That actually takes a long time, and the kids just care about putting the color on and seeing the end result! Anyway, I'm up for any suggestions.









4 comments:
Great website, I am sitting here thinking what I could do with that stuff. MMMM the possibilities!
Those turned out so cute Kara! What a fun idea. Ella will have a blast!
You will have such a fun party. I remember Ella's swim party five years ago! I love the swim suit!
Oh MY!! if i had your phone number I would call and be screaming on the phone THANK YOU! for the tip.
those $5.00 dresses are amazing. of course all the ones i want are sold out, but the monogramming possiblities are making me crazy!
thank you thank you
the swim suits are great.
Post a Comment