It has now been over two weeks since my last post! I can't believe that. I am so disappointed in myself. I think I lost a little steam when I got home from women's conference and realized that my camera wasn't working all that great, and most of my pictures didn't turn out. Anyway, I had a great time at women's conference and am still trying to tell myself that all I have to do is my best.
I am so grateful for such positive, uplifting, good examples of women that I found at the conference. The theme was from Esther 4:14 "thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this." I have been thinking lately about what exactly I was meant to do during my time here on earth. I was blessed with parents that made me feel like I could do anything I wanted. I do realize that raising my children and being a part of building a strong family are what is most important at this stage of my life. I can't help but think that somewhere down the road there is going to be something else that I will also have a strong passion for. Someday I will have the time and energy to ponder on that question. I'll let you know when it hits me!
I had so much fun spending a "sisters day" with my two sisters Heather and Shauna during the first day of Women's Conference. I cannot believe how blessed I am to have such amazing women as my older sisters. I have always looked up to them and it has never failed me to try to walk in their footsteps. I would be hard pressed to put into words how much I love and admire my sisters. I wish so bad I had a picture to post here of the three of us. I will get some this summer at our family reunion, so stay posted!
Thursday night I was able to stop by and see Paul's brother Steve and his wife Quinn at their new house. They are such fun people and their house is adorable. Quinn has such a great sense of simple style. That night I had a sleepover at my sister Shauna's and got to see her great husband Brian and their way-too-cute son Zach. He will be 16 next month and I am dying!! I love this kid so much.
Friday was so much fun being with my sister-in-law Sue and my mother-in-law Mary. We went to the classes at Women's Conference, and then headed out for a great dinner. Before I go on, I have to mention how incredible the closing session of Women's conference was. Elder and Sister Holland gave such a great talk, and Brother Holland closed out the conference by giving an Apostolic blessing from the pulpit. The spirit that was there was so amazing, I will never forget it. Again, I am so grateful for such good people to look up to in my life. Sue and I headed to her home in Draper after that and I had a little sleepover with their cute family. Again, a picture would be nice here! Ryan and Sue are two of my favorite people and I wish we could see them more often.
Saturday morning I headed back to Salt Lake and had lunch at my brother Brad's house with his wife Tee and two kids, Henry and Gwen. It was SO MUCH fun and it made me wish again that I lived closer to these great people. I have to brag a little about how great my brother Brad is. We have always been close, and there aren't many people that are as fun for me to talk to as Brad. He knows so much about so many things, and is such a compassionate person. He really cares about people and has the best heart. He always gives me good tips on books, music, and food. You have to check out his website (click here). His kids are about the cutest things in the whole world. They are so fun and expressive, and so well behaved. Brad is mostly a stay at home Dad, so it makes it even more fun to talk to him about life.
After lunch I headed to my parents condo and watched the Kentucky Derby with them. It was so fun to share this special event with them. After living in Louisville, Kentucky for 4 years, it would seem a little sac-religious to to spend the first Saturday in May doing anything else. My Grandpa was a HUGE fan of the Derby and never missed a race, so it was fun to share that with my Mom too! There are always great and inspiring stories that come out of the Derby..."the greatest 2 min. in sports." I know it seems like I am praising everyone in this post...that is because I am. My family is incredible. I owe the majority of that to my parents for not only their great genes, but their good hearts. I really do like "hanging out" with my parents. We get a long so well, and I always feel so comfortable with them. I always tell Paul that if I need a little ego boost, I just have to call my parents. Without even asking them, they will tell me how wonderful I am, and how I am doing everything perfectly! I'll just let them keep on believing that HA! I love them so much and try everyday to figure out how they did it all as parents.
My final stop before heading back to Heathers to sleep was to go to my in-laws house for a visit. I was so happy to be able to see Paul's brother Dave and his wife Ashley while I was there. I had never seen their sweet baby Anna, and she didn't disappoint. She is such a good, adorable, engaging baby. Dave and Ashley are so great too. They have a lot on their plate, but if anyone can do it they can!
My final night was at my sister Heather's house. She is always such a great host, and so easy to be around. I love her so much. I am so excited for her and her family to come visit in a couple of weeks. I will post pictures!
Well, that is probably much more detail than anyone cares about, but at least now I can get back into the saddle of blogging. Hopefully our camera woes will be solved soon as there is an impending purchase. Now, if my learning curve doesn't get in the way we will be golden!!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
No, I didn't forget how to blog!
Posted by kara jayne at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I've been checking in for your report! I've always wanted to go to Women's conference. One of these days! Kristen Munns found me through your blog- I am so happy to reconnect with her. I just love this blog stuff!
I was getting worried about you and am happy you are back. Your family sounds incredible and it was fun to read about your trip!
Kara- I have missed you! It's funny how quickly blogging gets you used to "checking in on your friends." Glad to have you back!
It was so great to see you while you were in town! I'm glad you got to meet little Anna too. It sounds like you had a great visit. Can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment