Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A MUST BUY!!

I know I reference my amazing cousin Shawni a lot on this blog, but I just can't help it. She really is as good as she seems. I know it makes you want to hate her, but it's impossible. The more you know her the more you love her. She and her amazing Mom Linda have published a wonderful book on motherhood called A Mother's book of Secrets. The book itself is inspiring and inviting, and the pictures (taken by Shawni) are worth the price on their own.

Shawni's youngest child Lucy was recently diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Bardet Biedl Syndrome. Among other things this syndrome means that Lucy will likely become legally blind by the time she is in her teens. This has prompted Linda and Shawni to donate a portion of the proceeds of the sale of the book to the Foundation for Blind Children.

So, since all of you have mothers in your lives...how about giving them this treasure of a book for Mother's Day coming up. You can buy your copy here, here, and here. You won't regret it.

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

That looks like a neat book. I will definitely be requesting it for mother's day. It looks like you have a neat family.

Shawni said...

Kara you are one sweet girl. Thanks for this super nice plug. Sure love you! It was great to see you yesterday!

Helen Poelman said...

Hi Honey
I'm enjoying your postings but have just learned how to comment. Keep up the good work.