Thursday, January 15, 2009

THAT'S where it comes from

Whenever people see this sweet little Nora Jayne they always ask where her curly hair comes from! I usually just shrug my shoulders and remember that I used to have curly hair.
I blow dry and flat iron my hair so much that even I forget that she gets it from....ME!!

This is what my hair looks like naturally....and RARELY!! I let it curl once in a while, but then I see pictures like this...or a glimpse of the puff ball in the mirror...and remember why I don't wear it that way. These pictures are what you get when you leave your camera on the counter and a little one gets their hands on it. Thanks Max, for reminding me that the blow dryer and flat iron are WONDERFUL inventions!!!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your hair in its natural state. I have never seen it curly. I am so jealous!! You work to make yours straight and I work to make mine curly. Now that is crazy.

Flake Family said...

So pretty! I love it! She is adorable too.

Sarah said...

It's gorgeous curly. What kind of product do you use to get it so non-frizzy and beautiful?

Julie said...

Your hair looks soooo good like that. I love it! I remember in high school when you would wear it long and curly. I was so envious! Thanks again for your call the other night. You will never know how comforting it was to talk to you. You are and always will be a true friend. I love you to death. Never forget how wonderful you are!

Melissa P said...

I think your hair is cute curly. Your little girl has cute hair too. My daughter's hair is straight as a board. My has some curl. Just enough to be annoying. Yours looks good.

Jen said...

I agree with everyone else - it looks very cute on you! And this made me laugh because everyone asks the same question about Emilie and Ada and when I tell them I have curly hair they don't believe it. I just got myself a CHI and I love it! It works wonders on curly hair.

diane said...

I love your curly hair. You are just too cute.

Shawni said...

You look gorgeous no matter what you do with your hair!

I hope you guys are having SUCH a great time!!

Bridget said...

Wow, I never knew your hair was curly! I think it looks great. Much more manageable looking than mine.

Sally said...

lucky girl, you've got options. long or short you always have great hair! Are you tired of Nora yet...I want her!

Photo Crazy! said...

It is so cute. Do it that way sometimes! You are gorgeous and could do anything!

Jessica said...

I know people with naturally curly hair never like their curls, but I promise it looks so cute!

Kristi said...

I think your hair is adorable, woman! You crack me up :)

queenieweenie said...

Your crazy girl! I LOVE your hair. Some Sundays I spend too much time "putting" curls like that into my hair! Seriously...it's gorgeous.

Kristi said...

Oh, what I would give for your natural curls! I could use some serious body in this flat, lifeless hair of mine! Isn't that how it goes.....we all want what we don't have?! I'm telling ya, girl, ENJOY the curls! You look fab.!

Annie Ruden said...

I have to agree with everyone else. I like the curly look on you.

Laura said...

Are you kidding me? All this time, you were a fellow curly haired girl and I had no idea?? Kara, we could've moaned and groaned and complained together. You've got a really nice curl though. I can't believe how straight you can get yours--and it stays that way. I can straighten mine, but it will usually find it's way back to a curl before long. I love your hair- curly or straight you are a knock out!

Jennie Nichols said...

See my comment below on your AI post...

Cheryl said...

I had no idea you had curly hair. My question is, could you keep it straight in the muggy, hot, awful summer days in Louisville? If you could, you are miracle worker with a flat iron. Mine goes nuts in the summer and I only have waves!

Cheryl said...

PS You look beautiful with straight or curly. Lucky girl!

Annie Sunshine said...

Comment 21: uhhh, are you not seeing the same pictures we all are? I totally love the last picture...I would pay good money to get my hair to do that.

JDM said...

I like the curl.
If it were bad I would tell you.
And its true you pull off straight & curly EFFORTLESSLY!

Hollyween said...

Your curls are better than mine and I scrunch and kill myself trying to get them to look like yours. Way cute. Live it up!