Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Here's the crew on the morning of Monday August 10th 2009!Ella is a big 4th grader and about the cutest ever if I do say so myself!!Jack is in 2nd grade an was as ready as ever to start up again. It really was all about Max this year. He is a Kindergartner and couldn't be happier about it!
Nora even got to go to an open house for preschool on the same day! Her she is with adorable Miss Tiffany. Of course I took the kids to school on the first day and was snapping away with the camera. Max looked too cute sitting in his desk next to his buddy McCrae.Here is a shot from the front of the classroom as I wanted to get that front row in the picture. Three of his other buddies are in his class Blaine, Drew, and Tate! I didn't even shed a tear because I knew how excited he was and how ready Max was for Kindergarten. I was sad knowing that I really was going to miss his *constant* questions like "how long could you doggy paddle in hot lava?" or "If I have enough money when I'm nine to buy a rocket can I have one?" But really, I was just so happy for him. Max is one of a kind and keeps all of us smiling all the time. He is such a great kid and always wants us to be happy. He's going to have a fabulous year...I know it.After dropping off Max I went outside to see Jack in line with his class like an old pro. He is seriously the coolest kid. School is a breeze for Jack and I have yet to find something that he isn't really good at. Jack makes and keeps friends easily and is always up for having fun. I could go on and on...It cracked me up how fast they were back to playing silly games with each other and settling quickly back into friendships. Ella...my dear Ella...she is a gem. Here she is in line with her class waiting to go to class. I just couldn't get enough of watching her for every last second. I was NOT ready to send her back to school. Summer is good for us...Ella and I...our relationship. There is less structure, nagging, and things that get in the way. I get to see her free spirit and the enormous heart she has. I mentioned in her birthday post how good she is with little kids. It's almost like my words magnified that in her a million times. I cannot even express what a help, angel, and dream big sister/cousin she was this summer. I had several mothers asking if they could just take Ella home with them. Here they are walking to class. I know it seems an insignificant picture, but this is where my tears began. After they went inside I lost it. All the other Kindergarten moms were teary too, but they didn't know that my tears were for my oldest...not the Kindergartner. Of course I miss Max and have been a little wary of not seeing him all day, but this was the year of Ella. I got to know her so much better this summer and we had a blast. Being nine years old, I am half way through raising her. It's not fair. I want to hold onto her as long as I can. She is a treasure, a blessing, and I am humbled to be her mother.
Here's to a great 2009-2010 school year!

4 comments:

Hilary said...

that last photo is gorgeous! What a great post!

Sorefam said...

great post kara.....i still have to post my pics of wyatt's first day of preschool....i only have one year until kindergarten, so i'm sure i'll be shedding a few tears as well.

Angie said...

What cute kiddos you have, Kara. I feel the same way about being 1/2 way through raising kids. Where does the time go? Makes me want to refocus more than ever and make sure I'm doing things right. Love that last picture of Ella. What a doll.

Heather said...

I loved reading about how each child is special to you. I get so sad thinking my kids are growing so fast. I just sent a 6th, 3rd, 2nd grader and kindergartener off this year. Now I'm just left with my 1 year old. I miss them and the fun times we had during summer. I feel like you do with your oldest daughter. She is such a good little friend to me and such a good girl. She inspires me to want to be a better person.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful pictures. You're a great mom and photographer!