Thursday, November 20, 2008

Halloween 2008

It's been so long since Halloween that I've already forgotten most of the details. Yes, three weeks is long for this memory...I'm my father's daughter...sorry Dad! So, here is my attempt at documenting SOMETHING!!
The real highlight of Halloween around here is the ward/neighborhood carnival that is hosted by one of our incredible neighbors. Honestly, everything else is secondary to that fun night. The actual night of Halloween is just the candy gathering...the real fun is had at the carnival. The above picture was taken as we arrived. In my book it was a winner. The kids couldn't wait to get in and start getting some prizes from the games. So, the fact that they even stayed still for a moment was amazing!
I had dreams of a family theme this year involving Star Wars, but Paul (party pooper) and Nora (couldn't be convinced that Yoda was a princess) wouldn't cooperate. Maybe next year. Jack as you can see, was thrilled to be Anakin Skywalker. Quite the handsome Jedi if I do say so myself.
Here we have uncooperative Dorothy (aka Nora). The only thing that got her into the costume that I got for $5 on clearance after Halloween last year was the red sparkly shoes. Unfortunately I believe it is my last year (ALREADY!!) to choose her costume for her. Oh, she's only two by the way. She sure had a mind of her own and I love her for it.
Here is my fun Ella. She wouldn't be caught dead in a sparkly pink princess costume like her sister dreams of. She is SO EASY TO PLEASE. I love that! She saw this $3.99 kit at the party store that had the headband, glasses, and necklace in it. She remembered her tie dyed shirt and called it good. Did I mention I love that girl?
Here is Max as the evil emperor from Star Wars. I had bought him an Obi-Wan Kenobi costume which he proudly wore daily for the three weeks prior to Halloween. Of course, the week of Halloween he changed his mind. So, holding true to my "I am only buying ONE costume" threat...we modified the Harry Potter robe we had in the dress up box so you couldn't see the emblem. Voila...evil emperor. I tell ya...this is the easiest costume ever. Oh, and the pose in the picture is when he shoots lightning out of his hands...that's very important.
Of course, on the day of his school party he just wanted to be Harry Potter. This kid LOVES to dress up.
We were so excited when we saw one of our favorite families out trick or treating and their Kylie was twins with Nora! I just had to get a picture. Can you tell that Nora LOVES Kylie?!

All in all, it was a great Halloween. I'm starting to like this holiday more and more every year. Now I've just got to get my act together for Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to do any posts for the month of October. Just last night I realized I never wrote about the apple picking, or the pumpkin patch. Or, gasp, Halloween. Two years in a row that I did that! It's all the darned photoshoots that I have which leaves no time for my own photos. So, better late than never. I will post tonight!

Jen said...

Oh cute Nora! I only got to choose for my girls for two years, then it was over. The last two years they wouldn't even dress up. So much for Halloween spirit! Cute pictures!

Marcie said...

Could Nora be more adorable than she is in that last picture!

I tried for a family theme of Star Wars this year too. Not one of them would comply.

JDM said...

Once again your kids... ADORABLE!