While I let the water boil (aka wait for the pics to upload...blogger is having issues) for the stew I wanted to make a few comments on previous post questions/comments:
My Hair:
I like it. I think I will go shorter. I did not color it, but am thinking I may need to join the ranks of the hair colorers ( I know it's not a word). I'm getting used to the bangs...a little. They hide the wrinkles on my forehead...and the random zits I've suddenly been getting this month. What will I have to do to get 38 comments again?
My Parents "shut-up" story:
That is SO TYPICAL of my parents to act that way. First of all, I never ever ever carried a key growing up. Even after we were all married I always knew I could get into my parents house somehow...even if they were out of town. Second, they don't scare easily. Of course they were startled, but their first reaction was concern for the girl. Like I said...typical. They are so easy going with that kind of thing and I'm sure didn't fear for themselves AT ALL. All I have to say is that the girl is so lucky that she chose my parents unit. There is nowhere else I'd rather go if I were in dire straights. They love and take in anyone.
My thumbs:
Here is the picture I promised you.
I know it's hard to see. I didn't have anyone here to take a decent picture for me. The picture shows it opposite of what it really is. My right thumb is relatively normal looking. My left thumb is much shorter and stubbier. Like I said, the funny thing is that the right is just like my mom's, and the left stubby is just like my dad's. Fun for me, but I do often get double takes and funny looks...especially if I'm getting a manicure or something.
Now on to the stew!
So, one of our good friends came in town for a conference and stayed with us for just one night before the conference started. Brandon is Sally's husband. (on my sidebar, but private...too bad for you). When he left in the morning I went in to strip the bed. This is what I found...
Max LOVES avocados. He would eat three a day if I let him. So, what to do with all those avocado seeds? SPROUT THEM! Am I the only one who did this as a kid? Yes, it takes FOREVER for the initial sprout, but they are so much fun to watch grow.
Here is our little avocado garden on top of the dining room hutch! (don't mind the dust) Then a close up shot. Finally I took a few down to show the stages. So, if your looking for something to do with those avocado seeds (I know you've been dying to know) here is an idea!

Nora decided to use my new hair product (not cheap by the way) to smooth her dry skin. She is so cute even when she is getting in trouble!

Miss Ella Belle finally lost her other front tooth! You wouldn't think this could actually make her cuter, but it does!


Nora is becoming MUCH more comfortable in the water and cracks us up to watch in the bath. She spreads out and waits for the water to fill up and almost cover her face. Her body is all stretched out. It's so funny! If you look close, her left eye is still a little brown from the black eye incident! I'm getting a little worried now that it's been over two months!


Nora thought she would be really funny and put on some of Jack's undies. She was dancing around the room. Of course she had to still have her shiny purse in hand. In the second picture it's hard to see, but she must have picked up that when wearing these underwear, the hand must be placed in between the legs. She's learned from the best!














18 comments:
Nora makes me laugh!
And I can't wait to see your hair even shorter. That will look awesome! I need to do that, but my hair is my security blanket, I think. Every time I cut it I look like a big dork and everyone asks, "WHY" I cut it. Which means it obviously doesn't look good...
I can't believe how big Nora is getting. Wasn't she just born? And now she is almost 2. That is crazy. She looks sooo grown up! What a cutie.
I love the thumbs.
Nora reminds me of my Thaddeus, always in to something! I really hope she has skin like satin now!!
Nora seems like a monkey! What a cutie!!
Your hair color is so pretty. But, if your like me and getting some gray stragglers, you must color. I hate to have to do that to my hair, but I must to stay beautiful. You know how us Salt Lakers are - so vain! It is true, though. We drove through Draper yesterday afternoon to see the temple and I couldn't believe the homes around the temple. They are like 5 million plus! It is crazy that people think they need that. Sorry to go off, that just made me think. And, they are all for sale. Funny!
Love Nora spread out in the bath....what a cutie. So funny about the thumbs. How are your big toes?:)
Not surprised one bit about Brandon.
Kay...one more thing in common. My husband and Emma have those thumbs. I'm totally posting about it.
I love your Sunday Stew! It always makes me laugh and gives me ideas. (I'm totally going to try sprouting avacados!)
I'm glad you barged in...thanks for visiting. What a fun blog this is! Your family is adorable!
To opt out of internet searches and blogger lists you just go to
-customize
-settings
-basic
and answer "NO" to:
-Add blog to our listing
AND
-Let search engines find your blog
That's all there is to it. It sound update pretty quickly. Hope this helps. Have a good day.
Oh, I know your parents are too kind! I was worried for them as I read the story wondering if the girl was going to end up whipping out a weapon from behind her and come after them (faking the whole drugged look). I would have been very skeptical of the whole thing. But, nope, your parents totally showed kindness and concern. Maybe I watch too many movies?????
The pictue of Nora...so cute! It's funny, Luke does the same exact thing every bath time! The only thing exposed is a small circle just around his eyes, nose, and mouth! Love your Sunday stew...very entertaining.
Jen
Kara - the whole thumb thing cracks me up!!!!! They seriously dont even look like they belong to the same person!!!! HAHA! Ok, enough mocking....Your kids are ADORABLE!!!!!!!! I love the pics of Nora in the tub - chasie does the same thing, only she won't get her ears wet!! And Ella does look super cute without her front teeth!!! cute cute cute
oh p.s. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! I meant to tell you in church last week but I couldn't catch you.
love the thumbs and love nora's hand in between her legs!! those are the things you'll forget someday and be so glad you put on here!
About an old post: did you ever get an email from a commentor about the Pres. Monson activity? If you did- could you forward it to me? It's got my wheels turning for an activity later this spring. great idea Kara!
I CANNOT believe that sheets could be folded so neatly! BY ANYONE! I cannot fold a fitted sheet to save my life. I just end up rolling it up and stuffing it in the cabinet.
And that last picture of Nora with her hands in her pants is priceless!
Nora is absolutely adorable! I can see some of her sparkly personality in the pictures.
I'm embarassed to say that Brandon folds a better sheet than I do! Never knew that about your thumbs, funny! And Nora is a total cutie, this age is SO cute.
Tasty stew just like always.
Can't wait to see your hair shorter. It will look great and be so nice when those temps start rising. Mine is so long I really think I should whack some off and give it to Locks of Love. At least it might not be a pony tail most of the time.
You thumbs are great. What a fun reminder of both of your parents. Aren't genetics the wildest thing?!
Your kids are darling. Nora is a hoot. She is so full of life and you can see her name could be spelled "FUN". The pics of the tub were so cute!
My Josh and Matt have each lost a top front took and the second tooth is barely hanging on. They'll be sporting Ella's fun look soon too!
And I have never in my life thought about growing avocados. That is something I'll have to try. My boys would eat it up (literally)!
Good cooking!
I always feel like I have a pretty good idea what your family is doing just by reading your "Sunday Stew" I love that you do this. I always like to read about the latest updates.
I told Sally that she needs to have Brandon do a post on how to fold a fitted sheet. I have no clue. I give-up and shove them in the closet.
It looks like Nora already realizes that boy underwear is a lot more comfortable.
Post a Comment