Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I guess it's obvious...

Yes, I've been in a blogging slump lately. Actually more like a life slump. When you feel down on yourself it's hard to be inspired to write about and document your life. I'm hoping to shake it off soon. But, thanks so much to those of you who have emailed and asked how I was doing. It was surprising who took the time to do so. Don't worry, these slumps never last too long. Besides...I missed blogging about Jack's birthday, and he is just too darn special to forget. Check back.

In the meantime...my life long friend Ashley emailed this to me today. It inspired me and made me cry. I really love people. Enjoy...

9 comments:

Jake said...

Kara! I loved that...I hope you don't mind if I link to you today. Perfect message for my life right now.

Christina Overton said...

I'm sorry you have been in a slump lately. I don't know you well, but you seem pretty amazing to me!

Jodi said...

Oh Kara. I'm sorry things are tough right now. They will get better . . . they always do.

I fight depression. I never know when it's going to hit or how long it's going to take up residence. I have supposed that I'll probably take a hiatus from blogging when it rears it's ugly head next . . . there are just some things you don't want to see in words.

I'll stand by you Kara.

Ellie McFreaken said...

SO great to have you back!!!! I've had my fair share of life slumps so I can relate.
I am hoping that I didn't miss you here for Women's Conference. I didn't sign up but I would still love to come and get together for lunch/dinner or something.
Keep on keepin' on my friend....

Video....LOVED it..I too am going to link to you.

Unknown said...

Missed you last night. I have been thinking about you lately. I should of picked up the phone and called. Sorry.:(

Let me know if I can do anything. If you want a jewelry buddy let me know. Always up for some jewelry making.

Hang in there! You are fabulous.

Bridget said...

Such a great song. Love that!

Marcie said...

You've been missed! I was hoping you were off on some exotic vacation.

Sorry to hear that things have been rough lately. I think you are amazing in so many ways, it always takes me by surprise when you are down on yourself....... I just can't figure out how that could be possible. Hopefully things are on the rise and we can catch up on all you've been up to.

Julie said...

I have missed you!! And I have been meaning to call you. In fact tonight I was thinking about when a good time to call you would be. You know, a time where I wont get interrupted 50 trillion times. Then I laughed, because that means I will never be able to talk to you. But now, I will be calling you tomorrow!! I will multitask and fold laundry. But I will lock myself in my room! Love you!

Kristi said...

I appreciate you writing about life slumps. I feel you, sister. And it is reassuring to me to know that I am not alone in feeliing that way. I do hope you are well. And taking good care of yourself. :)